Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the evo x isn't a really a drag car but where I live (Houston tx) there's only a quarter mile. So what's the best turbo for the track? I'm shooting for 450-500 awhp on a stock with basic bolt ons, also can you provide a link to the turbo/turbo kit? I'm hoping for mid 11s maybe better

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
If you want mid 11's you are gonna have to build the block in order for it to hold the power or do some massive weight reduction to the car. FP Red should get you low 12's to high 11's with a decent 1.8 60'

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If you want mid 11's you are gonna have to build the block in order for it to hold the power or do some massive weight reduction to the car. FP Red should get you low 12's to high 11's with a decent 1.8 60'
You don't necessarily need a built engine.

You can go 11s on the stock turbo on street tires if you're good at driving, it might require e85 though.

Any turbo upgrade will get you into the mid 11s easy on street tires. MHI, red, Ef2/3, etc.

No problem.

A stock turbo on pump gas will do bottom 12s realistically.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I know the evo x isn't a really a drag car but where I live (Houston tx) there's only a quarter mile. So what's the best turbo for the track? I'm shooting for 450-500 awhp on a stock with basic bolt ons, also can you provide a link to the turbo/turbo kit? I'm hoping for mid 11s maybe better
I have ams 750xp in the forsale section brand new for $1200 off original price.will make 5-600whp.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You don't necessarily need a built engine.

You can go 11s on the stock turbo on street tires if you're good at driving, it might require e85 though.

Any turbo upgrade will get you into the mid 11s easy on street tires. MHI, red, Ef2/3, etc.

No problem.

A stock turbo on pump gas will do bottom 12s realistically.
:+1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about the ams 750xp? Seems like a good kit but there's no dyno sheets or reviews on it, and the gtx35 is my second choice, I just don't know

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
A stock turbo on e85 can go 10's too......

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Well so far it's only been done by one person, but hey its definitely possible. And shit if the stock turbo can do it any upgraded turbo can do it too.

·
Registered
396 Posts
To push pass 600+ u will need stage 2 turbo.turboback,ebc,fuel,intake,piping and A++ tune will get u close to 10sec.where im at 90-91 pump.Just mix with 104 race gas..lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
To push pass 600+ u will need stage 2 turbo.turboback,ebc,fuel,intake,piping and A++ tune will get u close to 10sec.where im at 90-91 pump.Just mix with 104 race gas..lol
It's pretty safe to say that most people aren't "awesome drivers".

Forget about mixing pump gas, you will be needing at least 104 octane minimum.

A lot of people that haven't been to the track don't realize that with a GSR, the main thing that kicks the shit out of our quarter mile is the fact you can only rev the stock block out to 8000rpm in 4th gear (119-120mph). The shift to 5th gear is what beats the living piss out of our quarter mile time.

Build the engine and rev it out to 9k, or a final drive are your options for realistic low 11's or 10's.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
People need to do some homework. I went 123 in 4th and had a little more room to probably go 125 or so if I had more power. If you're looking for an easy way to go 10's just throw a 6266 or 6466 on the car with e85. Even if you aren't the best driver the power will usually make up for it

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
People need to do some homework. I went 123 in 4th and had a little more room to probably go 125 or so if I had more power. If you're looking for an easy way to go 10's just throw a 6266 or 6466 on the car with e85. Even if you aren't the best driver the power will usually make up for it
GSR? You running stock final drive? if so what is your rev limit set to. Last time I had my car out at the drag strip was when the engine blew due to tuning so I was only able to run a [email protected] with full boltons + fuel setup + fp red on 94 octane. Was hitting rev limit (7700rpm) about 50ft before the finish line in 4th. Couldn't break 112.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I revved out to 119mph (8000 rpm) in the quarter with my AGP setup on the stock engine and I was scared lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry to stray away from the topic(sort of) will a stroker block help me make a good time? Like a 2.2 or 2.4? Or is it better to have a built 2.0 and rev a lot higher?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
GSR? You running stock final drive? if so what is your rev limit set to. Last time I had my car out at the drag strip was when the engine blew due to tuning so I was only able to run a [email protected] with full boltons + fuel setup + fp red on 94 octane. Was hitting rev limit (7700rpm) about 50ft before the finish line in 4th. Couldn't break 112.
He has a revs it out in 4th. It has a raised limiter. Not sure what rpm exactly. Wanna say 8400rpm

1 - 20 of 31 Posts