Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shades: whats going on im new to the forum i have a evo x gsr full bolts on on e85 no internals work done yet 410hp/390tq and im trying to hit the 500s hp. i've been looking for a turbo upgrade i got eyes on the gtx3576r or a nice turbo kit. any opinions on a good turbo kit for the money?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Driven Fabrication T4 with EFR 7670

·
Registered
219 Posts
The new CBRD RB-X kit is pretty sweet. Give it a look and hit up Chad about it. I plan on going this route in the spring hopefully.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
cant find that kit for sale?
They don't have it listed on their website yet, you can give them a call and order one.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
In my opinion that will be AMS STX500.

There are many powerful turbos you can put on a stock block, but the stock block can only take so much. In this case, reliability of producing that power should triumph over anything else.:yay:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Or here's another wild thought. Consult your tuner and see what he recommends? Lol

·
Registered
586 Posts
In my opinion that will be AMS STX500.

There are many powerful turbos you can put on a stock block, but the stock block can only take so much. In this case, reliability of producing that power should triumph over anything else.:yay:
AMS throwing you some coin?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Or here's another wild thought. Consult your tuner and see what he recommends? Lol
BEST ADVICE RIGHT HERE

But from some one has installed both the Full Race EFR turbo kit and Driven Turbo Kit... Full Race gets my vote.

You can go 7670 you will make ~450 to wheels on a Mustang Dyno (my old setup)
Or you can go 8374 and make over ~500+ and push the power slightly to the right

Other good options are the GTX3576r for 500+

If you want to see actual graphs of what Driven Fab kit, Full Race, and the GTX3576r I can show you or hit up Jon @ 5150.

Side note: I haven't updated my build thread in forever but I am running the EFR8374 IWG

·
Registered
927 Posts
This is like saying what is your favorite soda pop?

everyone going to have there own opion of what they believe is best.

Set a budget then do some research lots of great kits and turbos out there. Also look if you wanna stay stock frame or go t3/t4 route. t3/t4 is more expensive but will usually yeild the best results, nothing wrong with a good stock frame neither though there some very potent stock frame turbos out there.

research, research, research

IMO I went with the ATP gtx3576R as I felt it was the best offering for a stock frame setup. Having to re use my already intake, dp was appealing to me. If I was to do it again I would look to a Full Race borg warner EFR kit. In my opion BW or Garrett make the best turbos on the market both performance/reliability.

·
Registered
149 Posts
BEST ADVICE RIGHT HERE

But from some one has installed both the Full Race EFR turbo kit and Driven Turbo Kit... Full Race gets my vote.

If you want to see actual graphs of what Driven Fab kit, Full Race, and the GTX3576r I can show you or hit up Jon @ 5150.

Side note: I haven't updated my build thread in forever but I am running the EFR8374 IWG
are you still on stock bottom end?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
BEST ADVICE RIGHT HERE

Why FR over DF?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts