Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to lallen3!!

Back story is I just bought a 2010 GSR from a local Mini dealer. It was in impulse buy as it was on the lot where I was buying my wife a Mini Countryman. It was Wicked White and love at first sight. I have always admired these cars and decided to pull the trigger. It was a good deal to boot.

During the purchase I was able to talk with the prior owner and he informed me that the car was modified which included a Carbonetic Triple. The clutch was noisey and was hard to get in and out of gear. The dealer thought it needed throw out bearing. This was not the case. I thought maybe a bleed of the slave would fix it. Anyway I bought the car and was very unhappy with the trans and how it shifted. I contacted Carbonetic and sent pictures. (great customer service by the way). The tech a Carbonetic, after looking at the pictures of the slave and the fork, said that the fork needed to be flipped over 180 degrees (this is Carbonetic specific). After I called the prior owner he informed me that after he had it all buttoned up he noticed the fork was on backwards. So instead of taking it all apart again, he modified the Carbonetic reversing rod. This worked for about 4k miles.

During this time I had been PM'ing lallen3 about the car in general. I made mention of the fork problem and that I was going to hire a local tech to help me fix it. I then off handedly said "hey, I should fly you out and help me do it". I did not think he would take me up on the offer. But I do live in FL on the beach soooo... After a few more text's back and forth, lallen3 was booked on a flight to Tampa this past Friday.

Remember that we had never met, only PM's, calls and text's. He arrived and we drove to Orlando to get the car tunned. On Saturday we started to tackle the clutch. Lallen3 has a weath of experience and was very methodical in his approach to the job. I would have to say, that we did not run into a single snag with the job. It did however take the better part of 12 hours from start to finish. But everything was as close to perfect as possible. There is no way I would have been able to do it myself without getting into some sort of snag. And I an a pretty good wrench...

Lucky for us we finished the job on Saturday and just hung out on Sunday and part of the day on Monday.

He is a great guy and so easy going. Hilarious as well. Had it not been for this forum and lallen3, I would still be in the situation I was in when I bought the car.

So, thank you Levi for all your help. You have a great attitude and I feel as though I have a new friend for life.

Anytime you want to come down and hang out, our door is always open to you.

All the best,

Jordan

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
He is a great guy and so easy going. Hilarious as well. Had it not been for this forum and lallen3, I would still be in the situation I was in when I bought the car.

So, thank you Levi for all your help. You have a great attitude and I feel as though I have a new friend for life.

Anytime you want to come down and hang out, our door is always open to you.

All the best,

Jordan
Thanks Jordan. It was my pleasure (hopefully Hotdog doesn't find this thread). And Florida was really cool. I would absolutely LIVE at Frenchy's if given the chance. Glad your car came out the way you wanted. Now we need to start planning future power upgrades. I'm thinking this:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks Jordan. It was my pleasure (hopefully Hotdog doesn't find this thread). And Florida was really cool. I would absolutely LIVE at Frenchy's if given the chance. Glad your car came out the way you wanted. Now we need to start planning future power upgrades. I'm thinking this:

noob question, what is that?

·
[Local Team Member]
2,523 Posts
I'll fly you out to Ohio to suck me off, Levi.

500$.

Negotiable.

how much is the plane ticket? i think that you are overpaying by quite a bit considering the fact that Allen normally charges $20 for a BJ.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I'll fly you out to Ohio to suck me off, Levi.

500$.

Negotiable.
$1500.00 minimum if you want the swallow-finish with the cum bubbles. ;)

how much is the plane ticket? i think that you are overpaying by quite a bit considering the fact that Allen normally charges $20 for a BJ.
You're not helping me here^ lol.

lallen3 is a ricer! :neener:
I resemble that. If only my car would come off the dyno, I could put some stickers on it and a triple deck wing. Maybe a mural of myself on the trunk in air-brush neon paint.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts