Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my excuse is that my kids kept distracting me.... anyways. I hooked up the battery backwards and nice shower of sparks followed. I blew the incabin fuse for the radio and the cig lighter. I also blew the under hood fuse for the amp. I switched out the fuse for the cig lighter but it's still not getting any power... any suggestions? And it also seems my ASC light comes on sometimes now lol.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
So my excuse is that my kids kept distracting me.... anyways. I hooked up the battery backwards and nice shower of sparks followed. I blew the incabin fuse for the radio and the cig lighter. I also blew the under hood fuse for the amp. I switched out the fuse for the cig lighter but it's still not getting any power... any suggestions? And it also seems my ASC light comes on sometimes now lol.
did you switch out your battery? happened to someone I know and they changed the battery and all the fuses that were damaged (2 in their case) and it worked.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I think you blew alot of fuses. You are going to have to really go through them. And have a second eye looking.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I was changing to a lighter battery.

Under the dash I changed the radio and cigg lighter fuses. Under the hood I changed the 30 amp fuse for the radio. Neither still comes on

·
Registered
232 Posts
Most likely you destroyed the one of the main fuses in the engine bay. Look in the engine bay for the plastic red cover. Lift it up and look for any of the fuses that might be blown. The fuse panel will be about $25 to replace.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No they are not individually replaceable. The panel is one whole unit. Its very easy to replace. Just make sure you have the batter disconnected when you do it. ;-)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
No they are not individually replaceable. The panel is one whole unit. Its very easy to replace. Just make sure you have the batter disconnected when you do it. ;-)
Good job guys *high five* Case closed.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*Case reopened*

I'm looking at mitsubishiparts.net and cant seem to find it. What exactly is it called? Under fuse and relays, they only list the under dash fuse box, and the other fuse box under the hood.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
its better if u go to your dealership and tell then what u need.. GL

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Now that's how forums should work: great OP's question with pictures and details, great responses and we are done in 2 pages with a perfect solution.

Once the solution is applied and works, OP, can you please ask moderators to put [SOLVED] in front of the thread title?

·
Banned
4,280 Posts
This is what happens when people ask legitimate questions, need legitimate help and are good guys about it :)

If OP was a douche I would have acted in a completely different manner - and Ripnet would have probably not shown up or have been forced to infract/impregnate me.

·
[Administrator]
3,246 Posts
This is what happens when people ask legitimate questions, need legitimate help and are good guys about it :)

If OP was a douche I would have acted in a completely different manner - and Ripnet would have probably not shown up or have been forced to infract/impregnate me.
lol impregnate

1 - 20 of 42 Posts