Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so here is my situation:

I bought my 2009 2.4L 4-door Auto/CVT Lancer GTS a few years ago because I couldn't afford the EVO at the time. Since then, I have put a lot of money into my car and customized it quite a bit.

Unfortunately, now I'm at that point where I want something faster, with more power (like the EVO), not just something that looks nice, but something I can have fun driving.

So my question is: is it worth it in your opinion, or even possible, to put in a bigger engine to the car I already have customized a great deal, and get all those nifty engine mods over time, or should I just trade in and get an EVO and start over?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Save your money and get an evo.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Get the evo. You really didn't think you would get any other answer on this forum? Did you???

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Drop a V8 in or a 2jz

·
Registered
283 Posts
Drop a V8 in or a 2jz
Haha Awesome

Op, what type of modifications have you made? Cosmetic only? Braking/ handling?

If only cosmetics, I would start over with a new car without a doubt. Compared to the price of a legitimate motor swap with supporting mods, cosmetics will seem trivial.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
703 Posts
-_- save for an evo, or a different car if you just want power go buy an american car like a mustang or camaro and have fun going in straight lines :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts