Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have owned several Evo's and all have been sub 400hp for track use, I am now in the middle of a build that should put me north of 600hp. Just wondering how much different the car feels when make such a leap in power? Whats the biggest jump in power you have made and how long did it take you to get a handle on the way the car drove? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can offer you no advice, but I look forward to you telling us how it goes haha. What kind of suspension work have you done?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
went from bolts on amd 93 pump gas (305whp on mustang), to build motor, big turbo. made 500whp on same mustang..

car made more noises.. thats about it. tires break loose a little easier, but power delivery on the evo X is nothing like the 9 or 8. its pretty smooth, and you dont get that huge jolt when the turbo kicks in.

currently building the motor for sleeves, and also doing the head. so will see what that gets me

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can offer you no advice, but I look forward to you telling us how it goes haha. What kind of suspension work have you done?
Currently suspension is on the back burner. I have some cheap coils that came with the car, other than that I have added sways and links. Waiting to recoup a bit from the motor build and plan on a cage. I've read that the cage will stiffen the car up a lot so my research will begin in the next few months or after the cage is installed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
went from bolts on amd 93 pump gas (305whp on mustang), to build motor, big turbo. made 500whp on same mustang..

car made more noises.. thats about it. tires break loose a little easier, but power delivery on the evo X is nothing like the 9 or 8. its pretty smooth, and you dont get that huge jolt when the turbo kicks in.

currently building the motor for sleeves, and also doing the head. so will see what that gets me

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I just got my car back was at 336whp dynojet now at 571whp same dyno (still kept tq below 400) and I feel a huge difference in power increase. I have a little more lag but when the car comes into boost it's like a rocket all the way to redline. I'm going for a dual tune when my motor is finished around 550whp for the track and a 700whp for those pesky V8s I'm always swating off. I think this would be the best way to compromise street and track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts