Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a AMS Widemouth DP, AMS HFC, and a TurboXS CBE. I get lots of black soot on the rear of my car. Do any of you have this problem? Btw the car is tuned.

I just washed it off or else I would have taken a picture to show you :( Pretty much a bunch of black sprinkles. That's the best way I can describe it.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,473 Posts
It's the HFC. Gets worse with a test pipe. Just keep it clean.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Only way to get rid of it is to run stock exhaust, switch to E85, or have a black car :)

Pretty much a common thing if you have an exhaust. The engine goes rich under WOT and shoots some black goodness out of the tailpipe.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only way to get rid of it is to run stock exhaust, switch to E85, or have a black car :)

Pretty much a common thing if you have an exhaust. The engine goes rich under WOT and shoots some black goodness out of the tailpipe.
Okay cool. You guys made me feel a whole lot better :) Yea under WOT it shoots the black goodness out like no other :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Haha yeah I can never get away with just a pressure wash, even if the rest of the car is still shining. Sometimes I actually have to use a compound to get the hardened oil specks off...my whole boot gets covered.

·
Registered
433 Posts
WW 08, 9,850 miles untuned. Happens to mine also, claying the trunk isn't as bad as my bumper. Usually have to pull out the orbital and adams prods.

Thinking of investing in the waterless wash for daily wipe downs.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Rich tune = diesel evo lol.

I spent about 3 hours washing the shit out of my car whenever the weather is decent enough to do so on a saturday.

An hour and a half is spent on the whole car including wheels except the trunk. The other hour and a half is spent on the damn trunk and diffuser.

I do NOT touch the exhaust tips as I have given up on it 3 weeks into having modded my vehicle. I like the black tips, fits with my dechroming and going with stormtrooper look (except tinting/painting the tail lights as its too tacky for me).

·
Registered
718 Posts
i get soot with stock tune stock exhaust wiping it down is a weekly habbit now. the 11 run alot richer :freak:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.