Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
LOL at the start/end of the video. Nice job, man. Which group do you run with? I'm trying to convince my buddy who lives in the chicago area to start tracking his evo.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They had 3 groups: novice, intermediate and race cars only (srsly, they called it race cars only, there were FOUR cars in that run group, two of which I'm pretty sure were slow as balls, one of which was an insane C5 which I'm pretty sure was fast as all hell).

I was in intermediate group and then ran a few sessions in the novice group because they said passengers only allowed in novice group, and when it came time for my passenger to ride along, they changed their mind and said student/instructor only, no other passengers.

Tell that buddy to man up. It is soooo much fun and only dangerous if you're being a toolbag. I try to minimize the amount of tool baggage myself. I have spun out before and if you haven't yet, it eventually will happen.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Which group do you run with? My buddy keeps on making excuses, but if I line him up, he'll run out of excuses

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Sorry, now I know why you didn't answer my question. When I asked 'which group' I meant which 'organization' that runs the event, not what experience 'group'. LOL

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OHHH. Didn't know people run with particular groups... that's a first.

Anyways I run with any group. I went to the AMS track day at Autobahn this year and last year, will go next year as well.

I went to Gingerman with AutoInterests group, this Blackhawk Farms thing was organized by a shop in Peoria, IL called Hoerr Racing Products. Never heard of them until a week before the event when I last-minute signed up.

So, in a nutshell, I do not run with any group. I am my own group. A bad ass group.

Does that answer your question? :shades:

Oh and this last minute Blackhawk Farms thing, I found out about it through the JDMChicago forums and rolled up there with a couple of guys that I hadn't met until that day. Awesome guys, and one of them offered to let me run his Miata because I've been considering a Miata for the past decade. Literally.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lmao, I absolutely loved that song from GT3. I felt it was well placed here. I even quieted down the wind noise for the guitar solo.

As for stock turbo, jes. Stock turbo port n polished, as is the stock turbo manifold. AMS Widemouth, AMS non-resonated TP, AMS single exit cat-back, AMS cold air intake... you get the idea.

Brakes department: stock brake air guides that come with aero package, stock rotors, Girodisc titanium shims up front, AMS stainless braided brake lines, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Z's with rear pad adapter to fit them (awesome pads, noisy as shit and slightly dusty, but awesome) and to top it all off, fresh flush of Motul RBF600 at the start of every season. Have not experienced an ounce of brake fade. Why? BECAUSE RACE CAR

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Lmao, I absolutely loved that song from GT3. I felt it was well placed here. I even quieted down the wind noise for the guitar solo.

As for stock turbo, jes. Stock turbo port n polished, as is the stock turbo manifold. AMS Widemouth, AMS non-resonated TP, AMS single exit cat-back, AMS cold air intake... you get the idea.

Brakes department: stock brake air guides that come with aero package, stock rotors, Girodisc titanium shims up front, AMS stainless braided brake lines, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Z's with rear pad adapter to fit them (awesome pads, noisy as shit and slightly dusty, but awesome) and to top it all off, fresh flush of Motul RBF600 at the start of every season. Have not experienced an ounce of brake fade. Why? BECAUSE RACE CAR

where did you get the stock turbo PnP'd at? how much better does it perform now?

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My brother did it. Cannot even give you a butt-dyno because so much was done at one time. It was done while the turbo and manifold were off for downpipe install, so I can't give you any real-world feedback. I will be going with a BBX Lite soon though and I ABSOLUTELY NEED TO FINISH THIS GODDAMN SURGE TANK. I'll take a picture of what I have for my surge tank so far, brb.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The aluminum tank will also get the mill treatment to look pretty :dancebanana:

The pretty shiny thing is the bracket that I need to put a few holes in and mill a little bit more for fitment. Going clockwise from L-R, .75 gallon aluminum tank, aluminum bracket, ID1000cc PnP, Bosch 044 in-line pump.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
OHHH. Didn't know people run with particular groups... that's a first.

Anyways I run with any group. I went to the AMS track day at Autobahn this year and last year, will go next year as well.

I went to Gingerman with AutoInterests group, this Blackhawk Farms thing was organized by a shop in Peoria, IL called Hoerr Racing Products. Never heard of them until a week before the event when I last-minute signed up.

So, in a nutshell, I do not run with any group. I am my own group. A bad ass group.

Does that answer your question? :shades:

Oh and this last minute Blackhawk Farms thing, I found out about it through the JDMChicago forums and rolled up there with a couple of guys that I hadn't met until that day. Awesome guys, and one of them offered to let me run his Miata because I've been considering a Miata for the past decade. Literally.
LOL thanks. Out here in Cali there are multiple different groups you can run with. Hooked on driving, trackmasters, Norcal Racing club, lotus club, porsche club, etc. There are many groups, and each group is slightly different in price/organization/clientel. Some people have their favorites and stick with that group. Perhaps in Chicago events aren't quite as frequent, so you just go with whoever is organizing?

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
My brother did it. Cannot even give you a butt-dyno because so much was done at one time. It was done while the turbo and manifold were off for downpipe install, so I can't give you any real-world feedback. I will be going with a BBX Lite soon though and I ABSOLUTELY NEED TO FINISH THIS GODDAMN SURGE TANK. I'll take a picture of what I have for my surge tank so far, brb.
oh, well does it hold boost better up top with the PnP

1 - 20 of 55 Posts