Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
If anyone is still in need of these instructions in the future, just drop me a private message with your email and I'll send them to you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any idea why mine would be off on the boost reading? I have a separate boost gauge and it reads accurately, but the BLITZ reads off, it reads less vacuum at idle, and it strangely reads a max of 22.3psi, when I know I'm tuned for and reaching 24.5 to 25psi.

·
Banned
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Any idea why mine would be off on the boost reading? I have a separate boost gauge and it reads accurately, but the BLITZ reads off, it reads less vacuum at idle, and it strangely reads a max of 22.3psi, when I know I'm tuned for and reaching 24.5 to 25psi.
If you are running off the ECU it does max at 22.3. I am running the blitz boost sensor which uses bar. That provides a greater maximum readout.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Or maybe I disremember what the tuner was reading boost with, I did a little searching and 22.3 psi is all that the OBDII MAP signal gives out, is that right?

·
Banned
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Or maybe I disremember what the tuner was reading boost with, I did a little searching and 22.3 psi is all that the OBDII MAP signal gives out, is that right?
I believe the 22.3 is OBDII max.

I am currently running the Blitz Touch BRAIN plus the Junction Box and the AFIII (wideband) box, using the Boost, AFR, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp sensors, and monitoring water temp from the ECU.

With the boost sensor it measures in hkpa (bar) and can be measured up to 5.0. My current tune maxes me at 1.95bar which is 28.28psi.

I have actually had difficulty using the AFIII Box though. It was a more recent install and I still have not been able to find english directions for that from Blitz. It is basically an Innovative Motorsports box and using the link to PC worked fine for my tuner, but the setup to display I have had some trouble with. That is a work in process.

Also, in order to use the Junction Box and AFIII Box it is mandatory to upgrade the firmware from version 1.0 up to 1.2, and in order to do that you need to register on the Japanese site which is all in Japanese. I attempted that registration but got stuck on the Japan zip-code structure. It would not accept anything outside of Japan, so I ended up by-passing the website and emailing their director of Internation Sales directly and he emailed me the version update download which you just copy to a USB and plug in. When you turn on the car it automatically installs itself.

The firmware upgrade and Junction Box are necessary to display all the additional sensors properly. There is a Junction Box communication setup that needs to be activated.

I still love the unit, it just ended up costing a lot for all the pieces together. I believe that I ended up with more functionality and in a nice clean display versus a triple/quadruple guage cluster.

I did get a couple pm requests for the English instructions, I will email those from home this evening.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sean, do they sell replacements for the dash stand? Mine cracked off the base while I was driving, I guess it doesn't like sitting in the Texas sun for a few months...

·
Registered
1 Posts
This week I received the Blitz Touch B.R.A.I.N (Blitz Reflash and Advanced Information Network).

This product is about the size of an iPhone or other smartphones, however it is very lightweight and feels similarly built to the Cobb AP.

I received this product via DSG Performance. Thanks to Sean over at DSG for providing much needed English instructions as this product was received with only an instruction manual in Japanese, and the product was initially setup in Japanese only.

Here is the packaging:

Contents:

• Display Monitor
  • Main Harness
  • Cigar Socket Harness
  • Attachment Stand
  • Monitor Backplate Attachment
  • Base Plate
  • Strap
  • Cable Ties (2)
  • Warranty Book
  • Blitz Instruction Manual (which was in Japanese only)
For English Instruction Manual please download here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QVM04E2

Picture of the Main Harness: (you will be working with the 2 blue wires)

Installation:
  • Purchase (2) Fuse Taps and (2) 10amp mini blade fuses (~$18) (Thanks to Clipse3GT)

• Refer to page 6 of the Manual. Splice the (C) Activate Signal Input (Blue Male) to one fuse tap. This will be plugged into Fuse 13 on the fusebox. Insert a 10amp mini blade fuse into the outside slot (farthest from the prongs).
  • Splice (D) BAT (Blue Female) to the second fuse tap. This will be plugged into Fuse 3 on the fuxebox. Insert a 10amp mini blade fuse into the outside slot.

• Use the following Fusebox diagram for installation reference. (Thanks to ZeroCooll21)

• Pull out fuses 3 & 13 from the fusebox. Insert those fuses into the inside slot of their appropriate fusetap as listed above, and insert the fusetap into the correct fuse location (3 & 13). Fuse 3 is for the BAT (always on) location. This gives power to the Brain. Fuse 13 is for the (Cigar Plug) location. This turns the power on/off to the Brain when the car is turned on/off.
  • The other three wires from the main harness are not needed at this time. Two are for the optional sensor box and the IGN On wire is only needed for other vehicles.
  • Connect the OBDII adapter and you're all set for the wiring installation!
Hey can you send the English instructions please?? Couldn’t find anywhere and hoping you still have them! Appreciate it

41 - 54 of 54 Posts