Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
Ya same here. I can't hear the blow off so I wanted to change to a HKS or Blitz. Its one of the reasons I got a turbo car lol
as soon as you get a cone filter you will hear the factory alright.. :bowlol::bowlol::bowlol:

be care ful with BOV, some are really flatters.:shades:

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
Also i know one red Agency power BOV for sale, looks brand new and cheap. MY german friend have it.....
He likes red. So now, some of you already know who is him...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It'll throw a check engine light.

·
Registered
939 Posts
not too familiar so maybe you can tell me. why not vent to air? what is the best setting?
The arguement I have read for this is.

The current diverter valve setup on the evo x is set for full recirculation instead of venting it to the atmosphere. What is claimed that setting up a blow-off valve/DV (terminology interchangable) on the evo x to 100% atmospheric venting will cause the engine to run even more rich in it's fuel consumption due to the loss of air in the system.

I can't confirm or deny this one way or the other because some guys say they're running fine with 100% atmospheric and others are still saying it's a bad idea.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would seriously doubt it. The first reflash was designed to eliminate an idle problem caused by an improper memory of the key-position, even though some people say it helped their top-end but there are still lots of complaints about that.
Even this second flash to address this upper-rpm "stutter" and sluggishness shouldn't affect the operation of a bov because really it's only doing it's job when you're changing gears. (unless it leaks in which case you would be loosing boost pressure)

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I believe I read on the other EVO site that the X can run full vent to Atmosphere because it has a MAP sensor.

I believe there are a few people running VTA, with no issues as of yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Vent to atmosphere if you like popping and back firing. I did on my STi and it sucked. The point is it's a waste of money unless your upgrading the turbo. My injen intake made the stock BOV loud as day. But if you get one, recirculate it.

·
Drunken *******
6,260 Posts
To all of you who are hating on full atmospheric bov's with the evo x, if you block off the recirc hole, there's no way the bov venting to atmosphere will affect the maf readings since its at the opposite side of the system and not behind the maf.

·
Drunken *******
6,260 Posts
Got done doing my $0.32 bov mod this morning, and have been driving it all morning with no idle issues or cels (not suprised). I rotated the bov with discharge towards hood for louder sound, and I plan on painting the block off black.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.