Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08 Lancer Evo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im new to the Evo game and recently my car backfired pretty loudly which started a loud sucking noise when driving upon being stupid and causing the car to backfire again a wire which lead to the boost gauge caught fire. The car sounds louder my first thought was a boost leak or I somehow blew the cat but after taking it to a mechanic he claims I blew the turbo and tried to sell me a $4k turbo. I've got a hot date on valentines day and any fix or help would be amazing. Any thought on what it could be videos down below. Thanks in advance :)

Before
After
After w reving
Engine noise

·
Registered
61 Posts
It sounds like an exhaust leak to me too. Have you tried sticking your hand back there while it's still cold to see if you can feel any exhaust leak? Just be careful. It gets hot there pretty quickly.

·
Registered
08 Lancer Evo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like an exhaust leak to me too. Have you tried sticking your hand back there while it's still cold to see if you can feel any exhaust leak? Just be careful. It gets hot there pretty quickly.
Oops forgot to update i found out the manifold was cracked in 2 spots where air would escape but replacing her has been a pain but today a sold some stock parts and got a tip on removing the manifold by lowering the turbo a bit. Wish me luck on the repair thank you for the help ill update if that was the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts