Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread will be dedicated to the build of my 2008 Lancer Evolution GSR.

Neck Breaker

My goal for this build is to have a relaible DD that can be tracked on the weekend. I would be comfortable with a 500 awhp car with the idea of more Road Race in mind than Drag Racing. We have e85 all over here in Vegas... with that I would like to push an FP Red to its max. I'm hoping that the mods listed below will help me obtain my goal. Any tips would be helpful, but I'm looking to do a build that is different from most other builds.

Engine Modifications:

Current-

AMS Widemouth Down Pipe
AMS Test Pipe
AMS 3" Cat Back Exhaust
AMS FMIC
AMS UICP
AMS LICP w/ Tial QR valve
Agency Power Exhaust Manifold
FIC 1100cc Fuel Injectors
FP Red Turbo
GSC S2 Cams
Hallman MBC RX
MAP Rev 2 3.5" Intake
Mishimoto Radiator Cap/Gauge
Mishimoto Radiator Hoses (Blue)
Mishimoto Radiator
Supertech Dual Valve Springs and Retainers
Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump

Future-

AMS Fuel Rail
AWD Aluminum Driveshaft
Bomba Racing Throttle Body
Exedy Twin Clutch
Manley Pistons
Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Rods
Mishimoto CF Catch Can
Okada Plasma Coils
Weapon-R Coolant Overflow Tank

Exterior Modifications:

Current-

Aeromotion R2 Static Wing
JDM Fog Light Delete

Future-

AMS Hood Pins
AMS Carbon Kevlar Roof
NRG CF Hood Dampers
Seibon CF Hood
Seibon CF Trunk
Seibon CF Doors
Ganador Super Mirrors
Custom Paint Job

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:

Current-

Enkei RPF1 Wheels 18x10.5 +15
BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 Tires 275/35/18
Stance GR+ Coilovers

Future-

Cusco Strut Tower Brace
Whiteline Sway Bars
AutoPower Roll Bar

Interior Modifications:

Current-

Glowshift Boost Gauge
NRG Black Suede Steering Wheel
NRG Quick Release Gen 2.0
Works Bell Short Hub
Status Ring Carbon Fiber Seats
AMS Shifter Bushings
AMS Shift Knob
Agency Power Short Shifter

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Old Blue

New Blue

AMS FMIC and UICP install

Weight savings begin

Install of my Status Ring Carbon Fiber Seats, AMS Shifter Base Bushings, AMS Shift Knob, Agency Power Short Shifter, NRG Steering Wheel, Quick Release, and Work Bell Short Hub

Finally got my turbo back! 6-19-12

FP RED Install

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
get rid of that agency power crank pulley, unless you wanna ruin that motor you are putting all that money into! The Blitz surge tank manifold is discontinued. Lets see some LED underglo pics y0!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get rid of that agency power crank pulley. The Blitz surge tank manifold is discontinued. Lets see some LED underglo pics y0!
That is a TON of money just in the future exterior modifications department, good luck sir.
That was my first Evo X that I bought back in May of 2009 I've learned a lot since then. This build is for my second Evo X. Original post has been updated! I didn't know they discontinued that manifold.

A little more than 12k for exterior, but as long as I enjoy the car the money doesn't matter!

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
get rid of that agency power crank pulley, unless you wanna ruin that motor you are putting all that money into! The Blitz surge tank manifold is discontinued. Lets see some LED underglo pics y0!
The surge tank still available in japan ;)

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
The surge tank still available in japan ;)
Ahhh. I heard that it was discontinued, or that vendors werehaving a hard time tracking one down. Thanks.

OP, seriously. Look at Hollyweird's 750R thread he tore through one of those POS Agency Power crank pulleys and it bent every valve in his cosworth head. Lucky it didnt FUBAR the bottom end as well. Get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't plan on using it. My buddy with an Evo 8 track car talked me out of it. Now it's just a paper weight. Thank you for the advice!

When I get around to purchasing an intake manifold hopefully it will be available. Maybe Buschur or AMS will make one.:shades:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have a simular build and have few tips for you.
You will probably run out of injector
You defiantly will max out your Maf and you will need a 3.5 inch Maf housing
You will need more fuel than a single 255 pump can supply and don't waste money on the other singles you will max them out as well.
You will have alot of money in engine parts that aren't going to produce alot of power but you will have a clean look and it will be complete.

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Whose going to tune it?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A friend of mine. It's hard to find a good tuner here in Vegas. My buddy fixed a tune done by a local shop on my first evo x.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts