Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe some one can explain why this is happeneing. Installed an AEM digital boost gauge yesterday, it stays at 22 the entire time even at WOT. I double checked my wiring (ground and power) and they looked fine. i check the connection in the boost line and that looked good as well. could it be a bad gauge or what do you guys think? :duh:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My prosport is stuck on 26. It worked for a long time, but craped out a while back. I contacted them, and they said it might be the elec. boost sender, and not the gauge. But I don't know. I too have checked, and quadruple checked all the connections.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are they going to resend you a boost sensor? mine just sits at 22 from the first second i connected it, it jumps to 24 periodically but doesnt sit there at all, goes right back down to 22. looks like i need to call AEM.

·
Registered
2011 Evolution X GSR (SSS)
1,628 Posts
are they going to resend you a boost sensor? mine just sits at 22 from the first second i connected it, it jumps to 24 periodically but doesnt sit there at all, goes right back down to 22. looks like i need to call AEM.
Have you tried disconnecting the gauge so that it's not getting any power, then reconnecting it?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think the wiring harness they sent me was pinned wrong or something...im gonna try to check the voltage in the circuit and see if it reads correctly....this would happen to me. fml

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fixed it! thank god i took Circuits in college. the green wire was pinned in the wrong spot causing that error. Switched around the wires, got the 1.67V and its now good to go. phewww...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.