Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone been on the hunt for finding a test pipe that will fit my cat back borla exhaust I knew it was gonna be difficult to locate one as it's not a true 3" I love the sound it makes and really wanna try to make it work any help would be awesome

·
Registered
6,345 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG man you have helped me out a ton everywhere else I ask this question they all tell me to dump my borla and get and ets thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
OMG man you have helped me out a ton everywhere else I ask this question they all tell me to dump my borla and get and ets thanks!
I've got one of those ETS adapters laying around I wouldn't mind letting go for cheap since I've got a full turboback now.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
No worries, what help is telling someone changing an exhaust they already bough? It's financially not smart and in the end exhaust is about sound - I no longer give a shit about power gains :) Good sound 99% of the time you drive beats the few seconds you need full power every day.

As for plates, if you will be using 3" test pipe, go with 2 adapters - one on each side, and you will need 4 gaskets.

Better, go with HFC(depo is cheap and good), because you know, save the planet a bit and there is no noticeable difference between decent HFC and test-pipe if yor exhaust is still smaller after the test-pipe/HFC section. And your car would not smell funny in traffic(I couldn't stand that smell, so switched to HFC.

·
Registered
863 Posts
No worries, what help is telling someone changing an exhaust they already bough? It's financially not smart and in the end exhaust is about sound - I no longer give a shit about power gains :) Good sound 99% of the time you drive beats the few seconds you need full power every day.

As for plates, if you will be using 3" test pipe, go with 2 adapters - one on each side, and you will need 4 gaskets.

Better, go with HFC(depo is cheap and good), because you know, save the planet a bit and there is no noticeable difference between decent HFC and test-pipe if yor exhaust is still smaller after the test-pipe/HFC section. And your car would not smell funny in traffic(I couldn't stand that smell, so switched to HFC.
I think its like a 3 or 4 HP difference between a good 200 cell cat or less and a comparable sized test pipe.

No reason not to run one unless you're going over 650

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I was honestly thinking of asking that as well rather loose a smidge of hp and have a more enjoyable ride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts