Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 Ralliart.
Looking to get an intake and BOV. Would it be safe to VTA? I would not want to VTA if it will damage my car in the long run.
Which intake would be best?

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
search man this question has been asked a million times... get a fully recirculating BOV... there isnt an intake that is "best" for these cars but ETS and AMS are the ttop of the list

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
AMS makes a great intake for the Ralliart, for a BOV I would recommend the Synchronic DV Evo X/Ralliart kit which comes with all the hardware you need for a full installation including the proper recirc flange and vac lines. We highly stand by the product and have sold countless amounts, PM me if you have any questions I'd be glad to help you out :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I use synapse dv for my x. Theres quite a few different configurations to try out with this thing to see which works out best for you. So far i have tried it in pull mode B port hooked up A port venting, Switched it to push with the same settings, now i have it back in Pull but with B and A hooked up.

The way its set up now, way different sound note than the previous, and it got alot louder. Driveability seems to be good, no partial throttle flutter so far except i believe in 5th gear but i believe i caught myself in a low speed and no bucking. Its a awesome dv. I also have a spring that [email protected] sells for the synapse dv that is suppose to help with the fluttering issues, but i haven't got around to trying that out yet. Its an awesome dv

As far as for intake. I personally have the AGP intake 3 inch maf housing and i like it( dont know if they make one specific for the ralliart or not ) Depends on if you want a short ram or cold air like mine. If i was to go short ram i'd probably go with ETS because of the way it is. ( look it up on their website ) I also thought about the k&n intake because it comes with half the UICP section, which is awesome as well.

Hope some of this info helps out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AMS makes a great intake for the Ralliart, for a BOV I would recommend the Synchronic DV Evo X/Ralliart kit which comes with all the hardware you need for a full installation including the proper recirc flange and vac lines. We highly stand by the product and have sold countless amounts, PM me if you have any questions I'd be glad to help you out :)
What is the true purpose on why people upgrade the BOV?

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
The main reasons would be to hold boost better, the stocker is good for a decent amount so its not a necessary upgrade early on, necessarily - but there are definite benefits. The list gets bigger as you upgrade and get tuned. It will also provide you with a more distinct sound, which I'm assuming you're going for - especially with an upgraded intake system. Besides these two mods, I highly suggest you upgrade your exhaust if you haven't already. Most of our early power gains will be from freeing that up, catback, high flow cat/test pipe and of course get tuned or use a Cobb Accessport depending on your needs. You'll have a whole new Ralliart ;)

Hit me up via PM and we can figure out whats the best path for you :)

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
i went from the plastic one to evo x stock one (metal) $50 bucks.

and speaking as someone who is running a aftermarket bov i wish i could go back and have saved the money. our small turbo doesnt run enough boost to warrent a need for an aftermarket one lol, yes the sound is neato but is amplified by having a aftermarket intake.

my vote...no no to VTA...yes to a recirc

aftermarket bov...nope get a used X one buddy boo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts