Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to start a new thread but didn't see anything previously posted with any feedback on the topic...

Looking to buy my husband a BOV for his 08 Evo. Only modification that he has so far is an AEM intake. And new clutch (not sure on brand or type yet)

I've overheard him mention an HKS but also a Turbo smart. Not sure if that was solely due to cost, shopping around and am seeing a significant price difference. His previous car I believe he had Greedy. But from what info I have found I've read those are not recommended. Any suggestions?

Also, I've read some threads with recommendations on what order to perform which upgrades but any here will be welcome (for future gifts ideas). Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
In before the "you're the best wife comments".

You're the best wife.

Now that we're past that, I'd be happy to help! The HKS while unique in sound is not the best for this car, sometimes it can be a bit finicky. Turbosmart is pretty popular, the Dual Port but my go to for all my customers is the Synapse. Its sometimes a bit harder to dial in, but by far the best performing overall. Either of the two is a good option. I also sell both and would be happy to help.

As for the rest, basic boltons typically go Catback Exhaust, (Optional cobb accessport), Test Pipe or High Flow Cat, Upper Intercooler Pipe & Intercooler, Downpipe. :)

Let me know if you need any help, we can get the order going for you as well. You can PM me here or shoot me an email at [email protected]

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have the synapse diverter valve and love it. But is he looking for the ppssshh sound? Then turbo smart dual port. If looking for the ppshh der. der drrr sound then hks ssqv.I agree with everything dsg has said.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How old is your husband? That may play an important role in our suggestions.

The best performing valve is the Synapse, but it is dead silent. If he wants that special 'pshhh' sound, he will not be happy with it. If all he cares about is better drivability and boost holding capacity, get the Synapse. If he wants good performance and more sound, get the Turbosmart dual port.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,918 Posts
How old is your husband? That may play an important role in our suggestions.

The best performing valve is the Synapse, but it is dead silent. If he wants that special 'pshhh' sound, he will not be happy with it. If all he cares about is better drivability and boost holding capacity, get the Synapse. If he wants good performance and more sound, get the Turbosmart dual port.
100% agreed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the info & suggestions!!!

I think I will go with getting the turbo smart. He's 28, more about the performance than sound... But I know doesn't want anything silent ;-)

·
Registered
43 Posts
A lot of people like the synapse, but I did not like it in my car. No matter how much I played with the push/pull, a/b, and preload setups, it never felt right. I would either get too much flutter of it would be bleeding off under boost. I switched to Tial Q and never have had a problem since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.