Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brake pad are you running, what do you use your car for, and how satisfied are you with it? What operating ranges do your brakes see(Cold weather?) I tried searching to see what people were running but couldn't find a decent thread.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Performance Friction Z rated pads. Used for past year on street and track, love them. Work fine currently here in Chicago 30 degree weather, as well as a couple 95 degree track days last summer. Switching to Performance Friction race pads though in spring.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Autozone pads in the front. They work fine for anything under 100mph and any weather. They overheat on me on repeated hard braking from 70-80 after about two times.

/ They were cheap, but will not buy again. I like my brakes to work in aggressive driving

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Pad Type: Endless MX-72 (F/R)

Vehicle Use: Time Attack / Product Development

Satisfied with Pad: Great, No fade issues, Long life,

Operating Range: 35-105 Degrees, have raced in near freezing temps in Jersey all the way to 105 @ VIR. Obviously in the colder weather it took a couple more laps to get the brakes up to optimal temps.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads (F/R)...work great, no noisy squeel, stops on a dime and good for track days too! Highly recommended! Got mine from Road Race Engineering by the way and they installed it as well...$140 for both front/rear...GL!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads (F/R)...work great, no noisy squeel, stops on a dime and good for track days too! Highly recommended! Got mine from Road Race Engineering by the way and they installed it as well...$140 for both front/rear...GL!
How's the dust on these? I just ordered a set for my wife's WRX since her Girodisc [not so] Magics are worn out (finally!).

I ran RacingBrake ET500's on my IX and loved them. Great during Minnesota winters and Texas summers, no complaints with them at all, no noise, low dust, etc. I used them for street and autocross. I'll probably end up with these on my X, or maybe try some EBC RedStuffs.

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Adam has had great success with Girodisc Magic Pads which are a great, affordable option for the X. The Stoptech's are a very similar compound, and I would expect them to perform similarly.

·
Premium Member
6,689 Posts
Ferodo ds2500, little noisy if you dont warm them up when they temperature is below 40 f.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
How's the dust on these? I just ordered a set for my wife's WRX since her Girodisc [not so] Magics are worn out (finally!).

I ran RacingBrake ET500's on my IX and loved them. Great during Minnesota winters and Texas summers, no complaints with them at all, no noise, low dust, etc. I used them for street and autocross. I'll probably end up with these on my X, or maybe try some EBC RedStuffs.
No dust issues so far, but they have only been on my car for a few weeks...all in all, I am very happy with the stopping power and no noisy squeel...Try them out and you won't be dissapointed

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
I was going to mention these as well...IF you are happy or satisfied with the stock OEM performance of your existing brakes, the DS2500's are the best value for replacement. Ever price the OEM?

Ferodo ds2500, little noisy if you dont warm them up when they temperature is below 40 f.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I see most people ask for recommendations on pads but not rotors. Since the two work in conjunction with each other is it not beneficial to get them all together? What would be a good matching set of rotors for the above mentioned Ferodo DS2500 and StopTech Street Performance? I apologize in advance, I'm not trying to threadjack the questions seem relevant enough to ask instead of creating a whole new thread.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
EBC red Stuff on the front, OEM on back...once the backs' go will put Red back there as well.

Lower dust than OEM, quiet.

use for track days and autocross.

Plus fronts were only 125 from MAP.

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
There are so many things to consider before buying break pads and rotors so I prefer to speak with customers and tailor their setups to their needs which is why my public recommendations are more broad based. What I CAN say is that we offer many configurations that cater to budget oriented builds, performance oriented builds and everything in between.

Feel free to PM me anytime for suggestions, advise or anything you might need.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Brake Pads: HAWK HP+

Rotors: Stock

My Use: DD in SoCal (a.k.a. no cold weather use) and occasional track day.

My Opinion: I love them for my use! Slightly less dust than stock. Moderately priced. Noticeably better performance than stock; especially with the initial bite. They squeal and the initial bite can be a bit aggressive, but you learn to adapt your DD braking to compensate. On the track, these pads perform great. I have not experienced any issues on track with them thus far. In summary, some won't be able to tolerate the squeal and initial bite, but I don't mind due to performance and price. I would buy them again.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Hawk HPS

Street use, some spirited driving.

I hate them and wish to destroy them with the flame of a thousand suns. They seem soft and cushy, have no bite, and seem to have less stopping power than stock. I'll be switching to Endless or Project Mu pads after the winter.

I wouldn't even drive near a track with these pads.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
I have had used Hawk - PFC -Endless - ETC.

Two of my favorite is the Endless and the new CL pads i got. They even grabbing harder then a Endless one when they are cold. :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My stock pads finally wore out and I switched to girodisc magic pads for the street. Low dust, no noise, cheap, and work perfectly fine for the street.

For the track: Raybestos ST43s. Awesome. I'm a firm believer in these pads for the track.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same exact scenario as Bigstakk---RRE installed Stop-Tech Street Performance pads F/R. just slightly less brake dust than the OEM Ferodo, almost never squeals, driven as DD and spirited driving most everywhere. I Will buy these again and have them installed by RRE. I think they have some sort of magic sh*t they put on the back of the pads too, getting 6 more whp than before....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts