Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on why the pins on the rear brakes won't move? I did the fronts a while back and they moved easily when tapped with center punch...I'm stumped!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
576 Posts
It's a spray, similar to liquid wrench. It's designed to free stuck bolts, pins, etc... It just removes corrosion to help free it up because that's most likely why they are stuck. Any hardware store or auto parts store should carry it. Just spray some on and around the pins, let it soak for a little, then spray some more and try tapping them out again.

·
Registered
818 Posts
PB blaster should do it and dont use a screw driver. I dont know what the tool is called but it is a long screw driver thing without the tip. It is just round and cut off, like without a flathead or phillips as the head.

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
I had a similar problem when I first tried this. And even PB did not help. Turned outI just needed to stop being a pussy and find the right tool and hit it harder.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,145 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on why the pins on the rear brakes won't move? I did the fronts a while back and they moved easily when tapped with center punch...I'm stumped!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
PB blaster should do it and dont use a screw driver. I dont know what the tool is called but it is a long screw driver thing without the tip. It is just round and cut off, like without a flathead or phillips as the head.
The tool is called a punch. :)

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
put a rag on it and smack it with a hammer.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went with PB Blaster, let it soak a while then hit it again with it then used the center punch to get them out...once that happened, took like 5 minutes per wheel.

Thanks to whomever recco'd PB???

The fail part was shooting brake cleaner in my eye!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.