Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys like running?
I still have a JB turbo so I know that factors in with zinc concentration. What do you recommend?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
I use AMSOIL, only bad thing is you have to find people to get it through because i couldnt find any shops or anything that sold it!
Meh! Or just register by yourself and get it shipped to you directly! :rock:

Ask your builder what viscosity and try to find similar viscosity in the Z-Rod or dominator series in Amsoil and ensure they are ok with you running it. Both have Zn and Po good for the JB and Cams etc.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Amsoil. Stock engine use a 10w30. built use 10w40 or 15w50.
/thread

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Register on there sight like kickass said its $20 bucks a year and you set dealer pricing. And shipping is pretty fast
And the first time you reg, it used to be only $10 for 6 months. I just had a shipment sent to me yesterday, took 2 days from when I placed order. No brainer.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I run Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 on my stock block ever since I went with the new BB Fp Red. There's a certain power point where I want lots of zinc :D. 3k oil changes. On a built block I would run the same thing, or a heavier oil perhaps like the dominator 15w50. Just keep in mind with racing oils like the Bradd Penn, or the Amsoil Dominator, you have very low amounts of detergents in comparison and as a result you need to change the oil more often.

I ran Amsoil Signature Series 0w-30 for a while (before the turbo) but when I discovered the amount of zinc content was only ~800ppm or so vs dominator which is around 1500ppm I swapped. If I had stock turbo and DD the X and didn't race it I'd still be on the 0w30 signature series probably, but I am constantly racing the car so I moved to a better oil.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
The lack of detergents is why I stick w/ the AMOQT 10w40. 1378ppm zddp, so a bit less than the dominator, but it has less other worries associated w/ it. Though I do change every 1500 miles or so.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The lack of detergents is why I stick w/ the AMOQT 10w40. 1378ppm zddp, so a bit less than the dominator, but it has less other worries associated w/ it. Though I do change every 1500 miles or so.
I'm avoiding the 10w40 on the stock motor. I did consider that one but opted against it for the dominator.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I'm avoiding the 10w40 on the stock motor. I did consider that one but opted against it for the dominator.
I'm on a built motor. I'd use the 10w30 on a stocker as I stated above.

What's AMOQT? Sorry if I missed it.
Amsoil 10w40 oil, amoqt is the product code amsoil has for it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I use Total (previously Elf) 15w-50. 20K on the built engine so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.