Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I also don't understand where the "re-powder makes it weaker" statement comes from... it does nothing of the sort. Maybe after stripping with media blasting and re-powder coating and repeating that process 100 times over might show some detrimental effects, but that's a very unlikely scenario in the lifetime of a brake caliper.

Also, the use of the word implement when referring to a cat's nine lives is completely out of context. I'm no English teacher but my spelling and grammar skills rival that of Eyler. :shades:

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Ad the very least, the sandbladting CAN cause pitting issues when improperly cleaned, but thats it.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I taught Eyler.

Ad the very least, the sandbladting CAN cause pitting issues when improperly cleaned, but thats it.
Media blasting removes metal... it literally strips metal. You can't peel back a layer of powder coat, you blast right through it and end up taking a bit of metal with ya every time. This is all I was getting at.

I have seen what you're talking about though with some pitting from a rough time in the media blast booth.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.