Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Ayc pump went out during the summer. I plan on getting it replaced after the winter because im not under warranty and I’m not looking to kill the pump right once I get it.

How will driving in the snow be without Ayc? I’ve got some good winters and I think it should be fine....?

Just looking for some opinions, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When my pump went, it turned out to be the motor. MLR Engineering makes a replacement motor that's an upgrade from stock and much cheaper than replacing the whole assembly NEW ELECTRIC MOTOR FOR EVO X ACD/AYC PUMP 3520A071 3520A066 3520A072 They also make a rebuild kit for the pump if that's the problem ACD/AYC Pump Rebuild Kit

When you rebuild or replace the pump, I'd recommend the ClubSpec AYC relocation kit, which moves it into the trunk, protecting it from the elements. ClubSpec AYC/ACD pump relocation kit w/ cover for Evolution X

Finally, you should replace the fluid to Redline ATF which has been recommended by other Evo owners on the forums.

For any/all of these options, you'll need to bleed the AYC system so you don't get air trapped in the system. I bit the bullet and did it all at once. After the installation, I just left the pump unplugged and took it to a dealership to have the air bled. It's held up just fine in the Alberta winters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When my pump went, it turned out to be the motor. MLR Engineering makes a replacement motor that's an upgrade from stock and much cheaper than replacing the whole assembly NEW ELECTRIC MOTOR FOR EVO X ACD/AYC PUMP 3520A071 3520A066 3520A072 They also make a rebuild kit for the pump if that's the problem ACD/AYC Pump Rebuild Kit

When you rebuild or replace the pump, I'd recommend the ClubSpec AYC relocation kit, which moves it into the trunk, protecting it from the elements. ClubSpec AYC/ACD pump relocation kit w/ cover for Evolution X

Finally, you should replace the fluid to Redline ATF which has been recommended by other Evo owners on the forums.

For any/all of these options, you'll need to bleed the AYC system so you don't get air trapped in the system. I bit the bullet and did it all at once. After the installation, I just left the pump unplugged and took it to a dealership to have the air bled. It's held up just fine in the Alberta winters.
Interesting, I had my entire assembly replaced last winter in Ontario. Did you replace just the pump by yourself or had a shop do the work?

If the latter than which shop did you go through? Am just curious for when the pump fails again eventually. I did get it relocated to my trunk and got the upgraded fluid too, am not too sure how much that will help.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
My wife daily drives her 15 MR and we had the AYC/ACD pump go out under warranty, luckily. I had Mitsu replace the pump and I bought the ClubSpec relocation kit. Mitsu had to order the pump so while we waited on it to come in they took the bad pump out and I went ahead and installed the relocation kit. When we took it back to them to have the new pump put in they did so and hooked it up to the relocation kit. Even gave me 2 quarts of AYC/ACD fluid which is pretty expensive at the dealership. I bought a 2012 GSR a few months back and plan on doing the relocation kit on it as well once I get around to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting, I had my entire assembly replaced last winter in Ontario. Did you replace just the pump by yourself or had a shop do the work?
Yeah, i had a buddy help me change the motor on the pump. It wasn't difficult, just a few bolts and aligning the shaft of the motor. The MLR kit comes with all the hardware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts