2,991 Posts
hmmmmmmm.........

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
7.3 seconds to 60? Sad.

A 15.3 quarter mile? Laughable.

69.1 on the slalom? Meh, not bad.

0.92 on the skid pad? Moderately quick...

Honestly, though, it sounds like shit and even the wheel spin sounds girly. I knew this car wouldn't be impressive. Not to mention, it looks like it needs a turbocharger, but the engine bay will really limit the options for one.

Just proves what I thought from the beginning: I don't like this car.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
I think it'll take over the void left by the RX-8, slow, pretty, but with pretty good handling.

It'll also take over as ricer king.

·
aka FooFighting24/7
1,809 Posts

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
And they're really limited in number. What was it, under 4,000 for the Subaru version?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Even if you assume 2700 lbs. with 200 flywheel horsepower you get about 14.6 1/4 time. Drive sucks or the power is not what they state. It is brand new so I am sure it would get faster with breakin but .7 seconds. I don't think so. Maybe it needs a driver mod.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
the more I see of this car, the more it is disappointing me.

I'm also starting to think what all the fuss was about?? just where exactly has all the hype and testing/technology been invested into? its certainly not the performance??

If its the handling then why??

I'm also starting to think it resembles a Hyndai or something?

I'm going off it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
25k for the scion version

the brz is estimated no more then 30k

I'm so glad i didn't wait for this car. I really wanted this when the subaru version was suppose to be turbocharged and have 300hp.

Ended up buying my first evo instead a year ago.....way better choice.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
The Scion version may get a TRD Supercharger which may make these cars more palatable.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,918 Posts
the more I see of this car, the more it is disappointing me.

I'm also starting to think what all the fuss was about?? just where exactly has all the hype and testing/technology been invested into? its certainly not the performance??

If its the handling then why??

I'm also starting to think it resembles a Hyndai or something?

I'm going off it.
The reason its hyped is because its the first new RWD car to come out in a while. Also because it has a lower center of gravity than a ferrari 458 and an Enzo

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
The reason its hyped is because its the first new RWD car to come out in a while. Also because it has a lower center of gravity than a ferrari 458 and an Enzo
none of which seem to materialized into even mediocre numbers.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.