Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as title says I have a Evo X MR '08 and my intention is to get as close as possible to 400hp. Since it's a MR there are some limits.

For this build opinions would be much appreciated.

What I have in mind from reading the forum so far:

Intake
Password:JDM has a nice CF, but is it any good? It's this or ETS from what I've been reading.

-AMS DP
Price x Performance

-Exhaust system:
Would it make a big difference on installing just a high-flow catback or a full 3" system is much better? Me gusta the most TSUDO v2, but accepting suggestions.

-UICP
Guys over DSG carry one made out of CF, 2x normal price. Pricey! I guess any good brand like AMS, AMP, ETS or mandrel bended is good enough.

Synapse BOV
Running on rec mode

Evoscan
No questions here, I'll tune it with some pro's by email and after that learn how to make my own maps

Gyrodisc + Raybestos ST-43
More power requires more braking

All of this will be shipped to Brazil and here maybe on 1 full day-job I'll get it installed.

Any comments?

Thansk btw :shades:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Intake
ETS

-AMS DP
ETS o2 recirc

-Exhaust system:
Testpipe and exhaust of your choice. I like ETS :innocent:

-UICP
ETS

Synapse BOV
Stock, Synapse, or Cobb recirc is also a good one.

Evoscan
No questions here, I'll tune it with some pro's by email and after that learn how to make my own maps

·
Purple meat eater
1,242 Posts
I would be weary of the PW-JDM Carbon stuff. There were multiple posts on various forums about fitment and finish, unless they have resolved this issue since.

If the carbon intake box is a must, consider HKS RS Suction intake with the Kansai CF Intake box, or Groupe M.

·
Registered
56 Posts
All of this will be shipped to Brazil and here maybe on 1 full day-job I'll get it installed.

Any comments?

Thansk btw :shades:
E aí, Neto?! Mais um brasileiro por aqui. Depois queria trocar uma ideia contigo sobre como trazer algumas coisas dos EUA pra cá.

Abs.

[English] Hi Neto, what's up?! One more brazilian around here. Later I'd like to chat with you about how to bring some stuff from the US to Brazil.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
intake, test pipe, e85...

if no e85 in your area then...

intake, test pipe, fp green

That will get you as close to 400 as you need to be...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I've read some bad comments on PW-JDM intake as well. I'm looking for as much HP as I can get from single mods, that's why they came in mind.

I took a look on the DP's and it's definetly AMS. I'm an engineer and it definitely looks more "air fluid" than many others out there.

The problem now is the intake. AEM offers a good one but working with the stock air intake is not a good option, neither using hot air. A good intake must provide new air intakes and heat-shields.

Weiler, me adiciona no facebook: Júlio A M Neto e /ou msn: netoma (a) uol com br

DRIV4K16, thanks on the info. Brazil is the world leader on ethanol and we have "E100", but that's not an option for now. Neither a new turbo. But thanks again for your help.

The oil cooler will come with time, so as the tranny cooler.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Júlio, just added! ;)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If you serious about getting to 400, there's alot of good people on her to talk to. I don't see a new turbo on your build list? That will def be needed. Are you going to build your block? I have an SE (aka MR without chrome, navi, and rims) it always good bouncing ideas back and forth from fellow SST OWNERS.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well, I've read some bad comments on PW-JDM intake as well. I'm looking for as much HP as I can get from single mods, that's why they came in mind.

I took a look on the DP's and it's definetly AMS. I'm an engineer and it definitely looks more "air fluid" than many others out there.

The problem now is the intake. AEM offers a good one but working with the stock air intake is not a good option, neither using hot air. A good intake must provide new air intakes and heat-shields.

The AEM intke doesnt use the stock air intake is just similar box with AEM dry cone filter and uses the stock mount positions for the AEM box enclosure. AEM is quality part other then the inlet tube being rubber. if you want ture CAI go with AMS CAI , if you want full open element just heat shield roll ETS and if you want the most bang for your buck a drop in will get you just was much hp from intake unless your planning a turbo upgrade later on is good option.

Far as the DP i rolled ETS the welds are spot on. the flange fit to the turbo is spot on as well.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Intake
AEM Intake - By far the best intake for the MR. Replaces 100% of the stock airbox, comes with new inlet to turbo, and has a cone filter in the new replacement box. Box only pulls air from the front vent, meaning its as close to a cold air as it gets. It also steps the MAF up to a 3" pipe instead of using the stock MAF Housing, which you will need on your next turbo setup.

-AMS DP
Price x Performance. Good choice, known for holding up. However you can look into the TurboXS downpipe, near 100% the same thing but $100+ cheaper.

-Exhaust system:
Would it make a big difference on installing just a high-flow catback or a full 3" system is much better? Me gusta the most TSUDO v2, but accepting suggestions.

Test Pipe and single exit exhaust if your going for power, dual for looks. We just released our Aluminum test pipe.

-UICP
Guys over DSG carry one made out of CF, 2x normal price. Pricey! I guess any good brand like AMS, AMP, ETS or mandrel bended is good enough.

Mandrel bent is the highest concern. I would also recommend an aluminum pipe setup, Stainless is known for heat soak and heavier weight.

Synapse BOV
Running on rec mode
Good Choice here.

Evoscan
Good Choice here as well.

Agreed.

Any comments?

I build cars like this every day, its going to take a turbo swap for 400hp. You can get to low 300s on a dynojet (285-295 on our mustang here is normally where EvoX MRs with these mods are), but you will be fuel limited from here (injectors and pump), even before needing a turbo upgrade. And if your going to try and peak out the little ole' stock turbo, even on ethanol, I would recommend an intercooler upgrade after the fuel system. If you need any other advice or suggestions, feel free to PM me.

Oil cooler upgrade comes after a trans cooler depending on what you are using the car for. On average the OEM engine oil cooler is enough, however the OEM trans cooler cannot keep up with most "activities" that evo owners partake in
;).

[email protected] TX

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
The AEM intke doesnt use the stock air intake is just similar box with AEM dry cone filter and uses the stock mount positions for the AEM box enclosure. AEM is quality part other then the inlet tube being rubber. if you want ture CAI go with AMS CAI , if you want full open element just heat shield roll ETS and if you want the most bang for your buck a drop in will get you just was much hp from intake unless your planning a turbo upgrade later on is good option.

Far as the DP i rolled ETS the welds are spot on. the flange fit to the turbo is spot on as well.
You cannot run a Cold Air Intake on an MR, at least none that are on the market*, as they have the OEM trans cooler in the way down there where the GSR has room for the intake/filter.

*To my knowledge

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
NetoBR for 400hp you wont need to do much! Get a good cat back exhaust. A decent Intake. A test pipe will unleash the most HP for little :$::$:, but keep your CAT for the emmissions test. And a tune/repmap. That will see you around 400bhp. I know cos thats about what Im running and its a different car!!

For even more HP for little bucks, 3 port boost soleniod, Turbo elbow, defo a uprated fuel pump and if you can stretch... a bigger IC, and another tune.

all the best:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
NetoBR for 400hp you wont need to do much! Get a good cat back exhaust. A decent Intake. A test pipe will unleash the most HP for little :$::$:, but keep your CAT for the emmissions test. And a tune/repmap. That will see you around 400bhp. I know cos thats about what Im running and its a different car!!

For even more HP for little bucks, 3 port boost soleniod, Turbo elbow, defo a uprated fuel pump and if you can stretch... a bigger IC, and another tune.

all the best:thumbup:
You have 400 on stock turbo?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Hes talking at the crank = BHP.

We care about WHP. :p

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
You can do 400 ft/lbs (on a spike) on stock turbo...but you will be cleaning up rods from the road shortly after that...lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts