Fueling

Fic2150s
Buschir double pumper
2 450s
Hardwired with relay kits on both pumps second pump is on a hobbs
8 an feed and 6 an return
Radium fuel rail and dampener
And aeromotive fpr

Okay I think that's the whole mods list phwew ....

Anyways I have a very reputable e tuner and we've been trying to figure this issue out for a while now.....

Tip in the car hits a wall absolutely will not accelerate. Goes lean 16 afrs and just sputters ....

I've done all necessary checks other than timing and compression.
And tuners disabled map maf and o2 in the tune just to verify parts were or weren't working ...
Any help would be awesome 馃憣

I can attach all kinds of data logs if that helps as well
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Data logs would help- can you see fuel pressure? If pressure drops It鈥檚 probably a clogged filter or restricted return (venturi jet maybe).
I can post some here in a bit for sure. And I've pulled the in cradle oem teepee filter and checked the inline Russell filter I installed . Also drilled put the return to 5/64 so fuel pressure is at 39 psi with vac disconnected

Registered
I can post some here in a bit for sure. And I've pulled the in cradle oem teepee filter and checked the inline Russell filter I installed . Also drilled put the return to 5/64 so fuel pressure is at 39 psi with vac disconnected
Hmmmm that鈥檚 odd- can you see the pressure when afr goes lean? I know it鈥檚 unlikely but Hobbs switch might fail.
It keeps saying the file attached doesn't have allowed extension when I tried to upload data logs...
Did you try to upload csv file?

Registered
There are a lot of people that have issues with a hardwiring 450pumo and not being able to control fuel pressure etc and causes to run lean. I would look at that also. Few people I know went with a radium hanger assembly and went away from hardwiring. Might be something to look at and see if it鈥檚 causing an issue. Just a thought

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Data logs would help- can you see fuel pressure? If pressure drops It鈥檚 probably a clogged filter or restricted return (venturi jet maybe).
There are a lot of people that have issues with a hardwiring 450pumo and not being able to control fuel pressure etc and causes to run lean. I would look at that also. Few people I know went with a radium hanger assembly and went away from hardwiring. Might be something to look at and see if it鈥檚 causing an issue. Just a thought
I've got my fuel pressure very controllable can take it damn near down to zero... the pressure issues come from people not drilling out the venturi and clogged oem inline filters... and those radium kits are all still hardwired to my knowdge ...

Registered
I've got my fuel pressure very controllable can take it damn near down to zero... the pressure issues come from people not drilling out the venturi and clogged oem inline filters... and those radium kits are all still hardwired to my knowdge ...
The ones i have seen are not hardwired. You cut the plug for the fuel pump hanger then have power/ ground on one side and the other 3 wires are for temp/ and level.. still uses factory wiring just not the plug it鈥檚 self. If you can control your pressure then that is a good sign. Nothing more I can add but good luck.

Registered
I was referring to fuel pressure when the car is running cruise/in boost condition- that way you can rule out any issue from fuel side- radium kits are convenient but not hardwired- your setup should be fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was referring to fuel pressure when the car is running cruise/in boost condition- that way you can rule out any issue from fuel side- radium kits are convenient but not hardwired- your setup should be fine.
i can try and rig up some sort of camera for sure and thats news to me about the radium hangar i just thought everyone ran hardwires with those and the relay kit any who yeah ive been trying over and over to upload data logs is there something special i have to do to the file? its an excel spread sheet

Registered
i can try and rig up some sort of camera for sure and thats news to me about the radium hangar i just thought everyone ran hardwires with those and the relay kit any who yeah ive been trying over and over to upload data logs is there something special i have to do to the file? its an excel spread sheet
Was the car ever tuned and ran normal or is it a new build- just sent you an email.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was the car ever tuned and ran normal or is it a new build- just sent you an email.
It was Tuned and we never got it to idle at 14.7 on pump then we switched to e but hell I never had an issue driving the car on pump I'm switching over to pump tomorrow to see of that still works...? I'm pretty well sick about this thing at this point ...

Registered
It was Tuned and we never got it to idle at 14.7 on pump then we switched to e but hell I never had an issue driving the car on pump I'm switching over to pump tomorrow to see of that still works...? I'm pretty well sick about this thing at this point ...
yeah big injectors are bitch to tune 93 without lower your base fuel pressure- speed density just can't compensate well for colder climate when you have such big temp drop- flex fuel function works but still lacks adjustment comparing to a standalone unit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
S
yeah big injectors are bitch to tune 93 without lower your base fuel pressure- speed density just can't compensate well for colder climate when you have such big temp drop- flex fuel function works but still lacks adjustment comparing to a standalone unit.
So for anyone that runs into this issue in the future my fix to the problem was cleaning injectors here's my flow sheet before and after all this time and it was Injectors 馃ぃ car pulls like a raped ape now
Font Receipt Rectangle Paper Paper product

1 - 15 of 15 Posts