Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a damn Rabbit!!!! he tore off my undertry where can i get a new one? any web sites? or what is the ppl's opinion on the aluminum under tray ???party on!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here it is still together

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
nice meat booger! I like the ssp tray. Thats probably what i'd replace mine with if something similar happened...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the ssp tray? do tell how is it?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet im calling them right now to see how fast i can expidite this hahaha

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
I picked up the SSP undertray this winter when a block of ice tore out my underpanel and one of my brake air guides :( It's a very nice piece but I have to say I prefer taking off 1000 clips than 1000 bolts, as I take off my bumper pretty frequently (doing headlight blackouts and whatnot, see my sig!). :)

I figure for me, to replace the whole thing it was around $200. For a couple hundred more (it's about $75 to ship if I remember correctly..) I got a nice aluminum one. It really is a beautiful piece and nothing's getting through that.

There ARE a lot of bolts though to attach it to stock hole locations.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey brother good looking out :) also those headlights look sick!!! i like oce i get to missiouri and get a new address ill be sending you my lights thanks again!

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
It's easier to install the panel if you have access to a lift and with someone to help hold it up while you bolt it in. I helped out my local shop with the install as best I could because we found it was easier with two people! haha..it's not the lightest panel. Oh, the other downside I noticed - in the past I've driven with my front bumper off (local places within a mile only, like autozone, home depot, etc), easy with the plastic undertray. With the aluminum, I wouldn't recommend it. Due to the weight, if the front bumper is off, there's not a whole lot more supporting it at the front and it tends to hang a little. I'd be worried it would stretch the plastic where it attaches at the wheel well liner. So, whenever I have my front bumper off for more than a few hours, I prop it up with a soda can or small box or something to take stress off the rest of the bolts that are still in.

Just my 2 cents.

And wtf is wrong with Tacoma? 65% of my in-laws are there! haha

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes it did hahahaha, damn bunny!!! oh well shit happens

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I have the SSP undertray and one of these:
takes no time at all to get the undertray off.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have the Carbing as well. It's really nice and easy on and off. That's what I was looking for, because I'm always working on my car.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 21 Posts