Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've have been a member on this site for a couple months and really researching the evo x and many other cars as well. I came to a decision that the Evo X was the car for me. Went to the dealer today and put a deposit on the car of my dreams. Car won't be here till the end of august since I had to order it. Future storm trooper evo. Glad to be part of this community and looking forward to contributing to this site as well.

-Mike

·
Registered
365 Posts
nice well welcome to owning an evoX im sure you will love it.. (ehh its a WW ;( ) lol congrats none the less. feels good to get the car of ur dreams!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Welcome! As people will say "use the search button."

Tons of information here. What are your plans for the car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks you guys! and of course I will use the search feature, I was a proud owner of a prelude and was always on the forums. I have many plans for the car. It will be a daily driver for me so no going all out. I plan on doing basic upgrades such as inter-cooler and piping, as well as a nice intake. I know I want the Perrin inter-cooler and AMS piping. As far as the intake I am still deciding between the AMS or ETS? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
AMS intake will require a tune right away, where the ETS not so much.

Find a good exhaust, test-pipe or HFC, 3-port, and the other mods you have with a tune will make some nice power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes definitely dylphill. I was also going to first put a oil catch can inline with the pcv and the intake manifold to catch any unwanted blow-by oil since I have been reading on the forum for some time. I read somewhere on here that someone does catch cans and sells them but I forgot. Will have to search for that particular thread in the near future though. I live in texas and there is a evo performance shop called Evo Dynamics I believe, they can probably help me out on the tune. Not too sure how to adjust the tune on the car. Read about the AP and that you can upload maps for specific mods on your car, but not too sure if that is accurate? Guess I will be doing a lot more research before doing any mods. Thanks for the advice though.

-Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello everyone. I've have been a member on this site for a couple months and really researching the evo x and many other cars as well. I came to a decision that the Evo X was the car for me. Went to the dealer today and put a deposit on the car of my dreams. Car won't be here till the end of august since I had to order it. Future storm trooper evo. Glad to be part of this community and looking forward to contributing to this site as well.

-Mike
What was the amount of your deposit? If you don't mind me asking. I also plan on ordering one since a cant find the color and options that I want in mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What was the amount of your deposit? If you don't mind me asking. I also plan on ordering one since a cant find the color and options that I want in mine.
I deposited 1k for the order, but I have a long wait until it gets here though since I just wanted ONLY WW lol

Where you from
I am from Dallas, TX

get intake, IC pipes, FMIC, test pipe, downpipe and single/dual tip exhaust, clutch, 3port, WGA, some gauges and re-tune and youll have one hell of a daily driver.

drive it like its stolen mike !!
Good choices of upgrades. I'll have to do half of that and half exterior, want to look good and run good. LOL, I will try not too, I have a friend who has a Evo IX and he really pushes that car, and it still takes the beating. These cars can take a lot, which I like =)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts