Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright thought i found the used 08 evo x ive been looking for23k miles!!! ran the carfax and comes back clean but... if i buy car i will be the fourth owner of car..any cause for concern..previous owner are 1yr 5 months 5 months and now 3 months ????? what u guys think??? thx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no its pp out of state and im having a family member test drive car for me that lives in nearby area....car has intake, exhaust and i believe hard pipes rims and lowered!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
price seems kind of low. check out all the hood/trunk/door jams feel for over spray, or better yet take it to a bodyshop and have them inspect the body for bondo repairs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya ive talked to them..ive looked everywhere for last 2 months..this seems to best deal out there..just little worried about being 4th owner

·
Registered
575 Posts
yeah i would be a little worried about being the fourth owner too. you cant completely rely on on carfax either b/c if they dont report it to the insurance company it probably wont get reported to carfax.

have the body checked out, check for frame damage.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dude, 3 previous owners? Treat that thing like a disease.

It's worth it to find an single-owner beauty for a bit more cash if you ask me. But if you want to heavily mod from day one, then it really doesn't matter I suppose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this was all i was looking to do was intake, exhaust, hard pipes, i/c and tune!! possible bigger turbo later on you never know!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
most likely the first owner got tired of the car, and the second and third owners it sounds like they couldnt afford it...you live in az, you should definitely check out south coast mitsu they have some great deals on used 2010's with under 20k miles for like 27-28...they also have a few brand new 2008 MR's for under 30k

·
Registered
575 Posts
its not uncommon to have the certificate of title. they could have sent it to him by accident when he bought the car from the previous owner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn it what if everything seems to check out fine..never fails!! I always seem to find the evos that have some type of long story behind them..last evo i thought i was going to buy the dealer had emailed me wrong price of car..switched the 6 with the 8 he posted 26899 and it should have been 28699..bs

1 - 20 of 27 Posts