Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
that's absolutly ridiculous for them to have your car for that long. The only thing they should have replaced is the AWC pump itself. I believe my pump will have to be relaced also but i.m not about to spend $1500.00 dollars on it like the dealership says it will cost. I'm going to explore other options in obtaining a new pump.
good luck, let us know what you find

·
Registered
148 Posts
This same code happened to me about a month ago...kept clearing it from my AP

Finally got fed up and took it to the dealership, my car was out of warranty and the service manager put it thru goodwill, they basically paid for the AYC pump and shipping, I paid for labor and fluids, cost me $400

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have gone through 3 of these. One the dealership replaced early in the life of the car. One I replaced (somewhere around 30,000km) and then the last one died at 60000km. My motor blew so I haven't worried about it for a bit.

Either way the cold weather or salt/muck on the road is a contributing factor to the pump dieing a premature death.

There are a lot of threads on this and it would be nice to sticky one and pick it to use. I have subscribed to 6+ threads in this forum and more in others. I

have had this issue since 2008 and haven't seen any real progress on it other then using a rebuild kit that has been around since the EVO VIII. If we can centralize the issue it might help get some results. Might not.

I am happy to replace my pump. I just want to replace it with one that won't die right away. Maybe at least 3 years out of it.

Sidenote: the new outlander or whatever its called should start spreading this problem among other clients they are less likely to deny warranty to. Since it has S-AWC.

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
I have gone through 3 of these. One the dealership replaced early in the life of the car. One I replaced (somewhere around 30,000km) and then the last one died at 60000km. My motor blew so I haven't worried about it for a bit.

Either way the cold weather or salt/muck on the road is a contributing factor to the pump dieing a premature death.

There are a lot of threads on this and it would be nice to sticky one and pick it to use. I have subscribed to 6+ threads in this forum and more in others. I

have had this issue since 2008 and haven't seen any real progress on it other then using a rebuild kit that has been around since the EVO VIII. If we can centralize the issue it might help get some results. Might not.

I am happy to replace my pump. I just want to replace it with one that won't die right away. Maybe at least 3 years out of it.

Sidenote: the new outlander or whatever its called should start spreading this problem among other clients they are less likely to deny warranty to. Since it has S-AWC.
Their diffs might not be hydraulic, dunno.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Their diffs might not be hydraulic, dunno.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, I have a 2010 Evo X GSR. with only 26K miles. About 3 years back my battery completely died and I used one of those charging packs to drive my car and somehow that messed up my AYC when I got a new battery. I don't know how that related after my mechanic told be about it. But I got a used pump from ebay cause I wasn't about to spend 2500 on a new part. So I found a replacement from a Lancer. The part worked and the error went away.
A few years later, today 2020. The ACD C161E is popping up after I got my tires changed. I don't know if changing the tires messed it up or if it was a coincident. No, I didn't get a wheel alignment but don't know if that would be the issue. Sorry, I digress. The first time this code popped up was back in November 2019 and I used my AP to reset the engine, had to do it a few times but it went away, then after about a month the code popped back up and again I used the AP to reset and had to do it a few times. Now it's back up again. I don't know why it's good for a while and then error comes up. I live in NY and the code popped out yesterday when the temp was about 20 degrees. But today's weather 2/18/2020 is a mild 37 degrees but the code didn't go away after the reset. I even pulled out the AYC relay. Also, I'm not about to fork over 2500 for a pump. I just got laid off from my job and I have two kids at home. Unemployment ain't going to cover that part. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts