Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I brought my evo to the muffler shop to see if they know why my HKS Legamax sounds 100% like stock(friends and I dont notice a difference at ALL). So the guy in the shop looked under my car and said that it has a California catalytic converter(the first owner of the car bought the car when he was in cali). So I'm just wondering is that one of the reason why my car is not so loud? If so what do I need to change to notice more changes(other than a test pipe)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I'm not aware of a difference in the catalytic converter between stock cali cars and any other state. On that note, any cat will reduce the sound of the car.

At cat back exhaust should get you a little sound no matter what, but replacing the cat with a high flow cat or a test pipe will also noticeably increase the loudness of the car.

I got an o2 downpipe and my car actually got noticeably quieter than it previously was as odd as that may sound.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The HKS Legamax is a quiet exhaust, even with a testpipe, it'll still be pretty quiet. If you want loud get the ETS extreme or AMS single.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts