Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one they recommend? I've seen some $30-50 types for sale at Amazon and the like, but wasn't sure of the quality. I don't like using a screw driver to compress my pistons and will be changing my pads between race and street much more often this year. I've seen some obvious high quality spreaders, like Girodisc offers, but I'm not about to spend $250 on one. $50 is about the most I'd like to invest. Let me know if I'm off-base here.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
harbor freight has one 18pc kit for $40. Its made by Pittsburgh Tools which is one of the better brands they carry. I've always used a wide wrench to do it, but I've considered picking this up. Use $10 off any item plus the %20 off coupon and you should get it for about $25

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
brembos were designed to use the removed pad, to press in the pistons. simply pull the pad out, turn on its side, use the old pad to push in the pistons. This was a design feature intended for pad swaps at the track.

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
brembos were designed to use the removed pad, to press in the pistons. simply pull the pad out, turn on its side, use the old pad to push in the pistons. This was a design feature intended for pad swaps at the track.
Hope you have welding gloves on when you do that. Especially if you're changing pads during an endurance race.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.