Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the p0017 code on and im sure it's just a bad sensor. The dealership replaced a bunch of stuff and not the sensors. NOW they are saying they are going to void my warranty if i come in again for the same problem. Needless to say. WHERE is our cam sensor located? Someone told me it was on the outside of the engine. Anyone know where or have a diagram/picture so i can replace this myself.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
If you are facing your engine, it's in the top right corner of the engine, which would be where cylinder #4 is. It's right next to the turbo, connected to the engine. It would be down and to the left of where the stock BOV is connected, mounted to the engine vertically. It's right on the top right corner of the engine basically. Wish I had time to draw a diagram or circle it on a picture but I don't :(

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, THANK YOU, you will save me some headaches. Im going to pull mine out and figure out what is going on

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IF you or ANYONE happens to get some free time that would be awesome if you snapped a pic. I'm about to start my new job in 3 weeks and well i took 3 weeks off before i start. So in the mean time i will check that sensor out. ANY way of cleaning the sensor off? Any type of fluid to use on it or instructions on cleaning this sensor? Please let me know and thank you ahead of time.

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
Here is the exact location of the camshaft sensor:

That's the back side of the engine, right-hand side of the valve cover. It is held in by a single 10 mm bolt and it just slides out with a nice tug (it is pressed in with an o-ring seal).

If yours is damaged, it could be due to heat.

There is a replacement part on RockAuto for under $50. It says there are only 2 left. P/N is 1800449

That's probably 1/4 of the price that you'd pay at the dealership, so jump on it fast. I've successfully used an aftermarket replacement for this sensor with no issues.

·
Registered
588 Posts
This is great info. Been trying to locate my camshaft sensor: thanks for posting the pic.

·
Banned
4,212 Posts
There are 2 cam sensors, one intake (Front) and the pone in the pic above exhaust (rear)
This is very true, I don't know why both of us assumed it was the rear one the guy was looking for - maybe because its location isn't as easily seen.

The front one is directly opposite the rear one on the front of the cylinder head.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
This is very true, I don't know why both of us assumed it was the rear one the guy was looking for - maybe because its location isn't as easily seen.

The front one is directly opposite the rear one on the front of the cylinder head.
both sensor are the same?? same part number right??

·
Registered
190 Posts
How could the dealer say they going to void your warranty because they can not fix a problem??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts