Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would keep an eye out on slickdeals.net. They have some amazing deals on cameras and packages every now and then. I got my 60D for a great price when they first dropped.

...also....canon ftw :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Currently have an older Sony a100 and looking to upgrade in the next few months. What would you recommend while keeping the price tag somewhere around $1,000?
Nikon d7100 is pretty amazing. Close to your price point

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
What are you looking for in a camera? The best bang for your buck will be Canon T3i. Great sensor for low light activities, slower action activities, and portraits. Get the body only. If you want a prime lens get the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art (Awesome, sharp, versatile)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Canon T3i + 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Has a body and a flexible lens. Low end canons are easier to use than low end nikons. If you get into it pick up a 50 f/1.8 for like 70 bucks.

Or you can go body only and pick up a lens on craigslist. People offload tons of shit for cheap. I usually don't suggest buying a used camera body unless you know what you're looking for.

I bought my parents in law a cheap rebel, 18-200mm and a 50mm for less than 500 for their anniversary trip to europe last year, works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.