Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I want to apologize as the "search" function never works on me as I most likely suck ass at finding anything via it.
Second off, I am not all that much of a gear head to understand the differences between cams...

Anyhow...

A brief intro to my '10 mr touring... She is my DD and I am planing on hitting 400s on 91.

I was initially going with Tomei's 270/270 procams however due to recent changes with Tomei, I wont be able to get my procams in time before I am getting the rest of my stuff installed (ef2, exhaust/intake manifold, heat shield for sensor, afpr fuel kit -all MAP products,my mil.spec TB and GSC springs). I was told that I wont get my Tomei cams till Feb and I am getting those parts listed above installed in January 20th.

So, I am in the market for new cams and what would you guys suggest? I wont be going the Kelford B route due to the failures I have heard as well as from a friend. I have the GSC springs so I need a camshaft to go well with those springs and be perfect for DD.

I appreciate the input!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
GSC makes some awesome cams bro. GSC S1 is 264/264 GSC S2 is 274/274. When I was looking into cams I almost pulled the trigger on the GSC S2 cams but decided not to build the block at the last second. Whenever I do though I'll definitely be getting those.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
You have to match your cam size to your set up. On stockish turbo size i think the cosworth mx1. Is one of the best option.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSC makes some awesome cams bro. GSC S1 is 264/264 GSC S2 is 274/274. When I was looking into cams I almost pulled the trigger on the GSC S2 cams but decided not to build the block at the last second. Whenever I do though I'll definitely be getting those.
Thank you sir, I pulled the trigger on the GSC S2's since I already had the GSC valve springs. It only made sense plus all the positive things I heard from them makes it even better. Got shipped today.

Robevo, thanks a lot for your input as well man. I appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts