Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some wheels in 18x9+20. Brand new wheels. What I'm thinking about doing is getting the same wheels in 18x10+15 and selling the former. Problem is I'd have to fender roll and give it some (-) camber. I wasn't really wanting to do that. So my next option is spacers to make the wheels sit flush with the fender.

So here's where I need your input, since everyone here likes to hear themselves talk. Should I go 18x10+15, fender roll and (-) camber or just keep what I got and add some spacers. I have a feeling it won't be just that easy.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I think it depends on what you want these wheels for, if your goal is just to be hellaflush then you should go with the 18x10+15 because it's better to have the more aggressive wheel to start with and you'll get more cool points for the wider wheel. You'll also be able to run the same or wider tire size with more stretch.

If you're thinking about function then you may want to consider the weight of the 9 vs the weight of the 10 inch wide wheel, how tire size/selection is for each wheel and also the cost/time savings of not needing a roll.

How low do you plan to drop the car? What suspension setup do you have? Have you thought about roll center adjusters and how going excessively low hurts your handling without all the correct arms etc to get correct the suspension geometry? You probably don't care about any of that. But do you care about excessive uneven tire wear with negative camber?

Just some things to think about.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol i was thinking of penis
...and you clicked the thread? This is too easy so I'm just not going to say anything.

As for the wheels, I am just going to go with 18x9+20. Maybe do spacers down the road. Thanks Mindova

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
cool, glad to help. Seems like the thing to do considering you already have the wheels. Post some pics when you get them mounted.

PS did you peep the sticky thread in this forum? It has tons of info and woud've probably answered this question without the need for a new thread.
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10191

·
Registered
823 Posts
Depending on your suspension setup, you will more than likely need fender work. I have 18x9 et 20 on my car with a roll and slight pull.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I have mindova. Many times. But it doesn't discuss how a 18x9+20 rim sits on the evo. I'm looking for flush but easy. Seems you can't have both. I'll take the easy route for now. These should work out, hopefully better than anticipated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.