Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whatsup im here off of mazdas247.com, i see a couple familar names from that board. witchdoktor, kooldino...

anyway. on one of the local forums im on, theres a dude who brought up that the new evoX looks like the mazda6... this left me baffled, im not trying to have a bigger e-penis, im really now just curious if this is the mindset of evo owners... that its a general thinking that the mazda6 (or any mazda for that matter) looks anything like the evoX

heres the thread for reference. for the sake of being unbiased i joined this forum, rather than post this on 247

http://sdrev.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807&page=3

i have to names on that forum. tnnautodetail(which is my AV name) and ncz13. yeah at first he starts talking about the 3, but ill give him the benefit of the doubt that he doesnt know his mazdas, and really meant the 6.

i went as far as posting comparison pictures, but hes adamant at the fact that they look similar....

i could care less about proving him wrong or anything like that. this is just general curiosity now.

so do any of you think the new evo look anything like or resemble the 6/speed6?

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
You know, I think the Mazdas have a-lot of simularity with the new lancer/evos. However, the worst is that SAABs now look REDICULOUSLY like 3series. or maybe thats just me.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
^^^ good question, don't know if i can give you actually things. All i know is that driving down the street I've seen a few mazda's and had the thought that it looked simular to the Lancer. If I remember, i believe it was moreso from the back/side of the car.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts

This isn't the best, but it was a quick yahoo search and I'd have to stick with what I said that they have some simularities. I'm not saying its a direct mach, but the trunk shape and bumper shape and overal shape are decently simular.

Anyway, just my opinion... please don't hate on me for it. I love my evo as much as the rest of you, just cause I think the base lancer and the Mazda 3s are somewhat similar doesn't detract from my liking of my car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i see what you mean in the bumper line.

however.... thats a mazda3 sedan and not a 6... which just further proves my point that the guy doesnt know what mazda he's talking about.

fair enough.

i would have to agree with you on the IS look alike. the tailights are pretty similar. dare i say the front end is volvoish?

·
Registered
156 Posts
IS

i see what you mean in the bumper line.

however.... thats a mazda3 sedan and not a 6... which just further proves my point that the guy doesnt know what mazda he's talking about.

fair enough.

i would have to agree with you on the IS look alike. the tailights are pretty similar. dare i say the front end is volvoish?
To me I don't see them looking alike with the Mazda, but the Lexus rear end gets me occassionally. :shades:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Love this quote from the Mazda forum:
"The new STI's look similar to an MS3's. The evo X just looks like ass. (also performs how it looks)"

Does this guy even know how to drive a car to make a statement like that???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love this quote from the Mazda forum:
"The new STI's look similar to an MS3's. The evo X just looks like ass. (also performs how it looks)"

Does this guy even know how to drive a car to make a statement like that???

im pretty sure i remember reading that post.

the sti and the speed3 do have a simliar look, but its not a mirror image of one another.

i thought the evo looked mean on paper... on honestly was somewhat ugly. but the minute i saw it in person at the SD auto show i was blown away. the agressive lines, the front end, the angle of the headlights... its a pretty agressive car, and i liked it when i saw it in person

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.