I have a 2008 mod GSR ( 31 000 miles )

I want to tune it up without changing to much of the original parts
Only unoriginal thing i have on my car are the Tein Superstreet Coilovers

What i think i want to change or put in is ;

K&N filterpack
Bigger downpipe
Bigger exhaust system
Upgraded clutch

Also i would ofcourse get a new / stronger timing belt, alternator belt etc, whatever you guys would recommend

If i get a decent tune, could i tune my car up to around 380 crank hp, withouth damaging the interlans? Would i max my injectors beyond capacity etc?

Im not interested in changing injectors, fuel pipe, fuel rail or anything else

·
Registered
638 Posts
Can it handle that power... Yes. We dont have timing belts we have chains, and you would never need to upgrade any other belt... 380hp would be roughly 330ish whp depending on the dyno and you can do that with stock fueling

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yes, my car made 220awhp stock on mustang dyno and car is rated for what 300hp? i have been making 351awhp for around 20k miles now and car is still up and going! Please search though. there is plenty of information on this forum regarding this

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tune will be excellent. My local shop is actually "world famous" ( I live in Norway , and this guy runs Polly Motorsports. He's got the worlds fastest Trans-Am , won alot of competitions over in the states )

Wow i actually thought the Evo X had a timing belt :slaphead: embarrasing as my previous cars have been a 95 GSX, a 98 GSX and a 2001 Evo VI TME

Thnx for the replies guys, will google abit more :) just wanted to get a nudge in the right direction

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Sorry, but a Trans-Am is very different than an Evo. While many properties of tuning are identical across both platforms, there are also numerous nuances to tuning an Evo. I would suggest making sure he's tuned some Evos before, if he hasn't, you're better off with an E-Tune honestly.

On that note, the evo's internals can sustain 380crank hp easily.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, but a Trans-Am is very different than an Evo. While many properties of tuning are identical across both platforms, there are also numerous nuances to tuning an Evo. I would suggest making sure he's tuned some Evos before, if he hasn't, you're better off with an E-Tune honestly.

He's tuned several Evo X's before so im pretty safe :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The tune will be excellent. My local shop is actually "world famous" ( I live in Norway , and this guy runs Polly Motorsports. He's got the worlds fastest Trans-Am , won alot of competitions over in the states )

Wow i actually thought the Evo X had a timing belt :slaphead: embarrasing as my previous cars have been a 95 GSX, a 98 GSX and a 2001 Evo VI TME

Thnx for the replies guys, will google abit more :) just wanted to get a nudge in the right direction
You've owned the best evo ever bud! I can only dream of ever owning a evo VI TME!!

·
[E-Tuner]
15,918 Posts
The stock clutch can handle it aswell or would you recommend changing that before doing anything?
Yes the stock clutch can handle it as long as you don't launch it numerous times in a row at redline.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You've owned the best evo ever bud! I can only dream of ever owning a evo VI TME!!
Yea it was pretty awesome , its actually for sale again by the new owner , you can see the ad here ( but the text is in Norwegian obviously )

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=27236796

And if you convert the price, yes cars are EXTREMLY expensive in norway. I payed 125 000$ for my 2008 GSR when i bought it. A brand new evo is around 200 000$

So the price for my old TME is around 63000 $ :p

·
Registered
675 Posts

This one didn't:

Bad tune?
Or bad luck.........

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
This one didn't:

Bad tune?
Or bad luck.........
Bad tune. I rocked a 400whp tune for 25K with trackdays in there, WHILE doing dumb shit with my turbo. So either I got a killer block or.....

·
Registered
685 Posts
Can it handle that power... Yes. We dont have timing belts we have chains, and you would never need to upgrade any other belt... 380hp would be roughly 330ish whp depending on the dyno and you can do that with stock fueling
330whp is not 380hp .... different dynos ... the stock bhp is measured in an engine dyno

even then going by estimates and calculators online 300whp would just about be -/+ 380chp .. 330whp I would think would be around 400chp (-/+) then again this is so debateable LOLOL ;) we should stick to just whp :) Crank figures are used in Europe where am from.. when I get asked what my car is running i just say "well i dont know but I assume around 370bhp" since in VD i get around 295whp but then again if I stated whp they wouldnt even know what am on about and they would assume its bhp...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Yea it was pretty awesome , its actually for sale again by the new owner , you can see the ad here ( but the text is in Norwegian obviously )

And if you convert the price, yes cars are EXTREMLY expensive in norway. I payed 125 000$ for my 2008 GSR when i bought it. A brand new evo is around 200 000$

Wow that's lot of money..

·
Registered
26 Posts

im about to import one evo x 2012 to colombia,southamerica...it will cost me like 86000. dollars....that sucks but i want that car here with me

Sent from my iPod touch using Autoguide

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes you are safe with the right tune!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.