Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the definitive response from Mitsubishi on covering the pump failures. After hearing that they may extend the warranty to 10 years and 160,000 km I got their answer:

"Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to our customer's questions and comments.

Mitsubishi Canada does not extend the warranty of its AWC pump. This pump is still covered under the basic limited warranty. Should you have any concerns, please have your vehicle inspected by a Mitsubishi dealership.

We trust this information has been of assistance.

Thank you again for contacting Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. "

With Kind Regards,

Customer Relations | Relations à la clientèle
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. | Ventes de véhicules Mitsubishi du Canada, Inc.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Typical Mitsubishi, seems like they have just washed their hands of the Evo and it's owners for good..

To bad the pump isn't a safety issue as they would be forced to recall them..

·
Registered
5,290 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mitsubishi dealership just confirmed that they issued a warranty extension for the ACD pump. I had it replaced last year and paid 1600$ on my 08 MR, they will refund me the amount and the warranty is now 10 years 160K

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mitsubishi dealership just confirmed that they issued a warranty extension for the ACD pump. I had it replaced last year and paid 1600$ on my 08 MR, they will refund me the amount and the warranty is now 10 years 160K
They are going to refund the $1600? I've read the entire warranty and they have no obligation to do so and 'back-track' warranty for lack of better words. I'm totallyimpressed if they will. I've not heard of anyone getting a refund yet under this new warranty extension so let us know if it does happen. All I've heard recently on two other sites is that Mitsu has been declining any pump warranty for anyone who has tuned/modified their cars.
I have been watching this considering the extension is for "corrosion" only and gives wiggle room for not warrantying the pumps and especially when they decline warranty for mods

·
Registered
85 Posts
They are going to refund the $1600? I've read the entire warranty and they have no obligation to do so and 'back-track' warranty for lack of better words. I'm totallyimpressed if they will. I've not heard of anyone getting a refund yet under this new warranty extension so let us know if it does happen. All I've heard recently on two other sites is that Mitsu has been declining any pump warranty for anyone who has tuned/modified their cars.
I have been watching this considering the extension is for "corrosion" only and gives wiggle room for not warrantying the pumps and especially when they decline warranty for mods...do not believe that you have any 10 year warranty extension if you've done any modification to your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Letter I got from Mitsubishi Canada. States that the pump is covered under warranty and that they'll reimburse any pumps changed out given you have proof.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i commenting in here hopefully to confirm tomorrow that i am trying to exercise this warranty.
i had my first AYC pump go at just after 100K's (march ish 2019) and was told at first mitsu wasnt going to cover it, but luckily my aftermarket warranty covered it after i paid $150 deductible
just had my AYC pump go on me AGAIN and it barely has over 20K on the pump alone. my warranty is up and i believe my aftermarket warranty is done as well, but i called my dealer and they said there are 3 options they are going to take
1) the 10 year 160K mitsu warranty they are going to try and use again
2) try and go after mitsubishi and use a "parts and service" warranty claim since its so new
3) try and go after my old extended warranty provider to see if they will cover it as well under a "parts/service" warranty as its so new
after all this i will be only using redline D2 fluid as its good up to -60 apparently. and this will be the last winter this car see's as i dont want to go through this issue ever again
car in question is a 2015 evo X GSR with no 131Ks on it

·
Registered
230 Posts
well they denied it, apparently it has 30K on it and not 20K, if it had around 20K they would of approved it apparently

fuck
my
life

1 - 11 of 11 Posts