Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 X thats bone stock but im about to leave it in to get some parts installed and a tune. I got quoted for TBE intake tune parts and labor would be 3300. I Kinda want to do FUll bolt ons which would add FMIC and UICP but its another 1000 with everthing That includes air fuel and boost gauge. I was gonna do all ams parts and aem gauges. What do you guys think is it worth the extra 1000 to have full bolt ons and a little bit more power I was hoping for around 350 whp with full bolt ons. I guess my real ? is, is the extra power worth the extra :$: Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Might as well get it all done at once while it's in the shop. It's only more money to go back in for a re-tune if you decide to get the other stuff later.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats what i was thinking itll cost more if i wait

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Buy a $100 UICP and install yourself. Buy an intake and install yourself. Catback will be negligible if you're getting TBE anyways and I don't recommend DIY TBE if you're already having them do all of your work for you anyways.

In a nutshell it's worth it, but if you can swing installation of all the front side stuff (UICP, intake, FMIC) then that would be ideal.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Install it all youself it's woth what you will save in labor. It's not like you are putting in cams. It will teach you a little about the car and will give you more pride in having it. It will be much faster than stock you will love it.

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,650 Posts
Install it all youself it's woth what you will save in labor. It's not like you are putting in cams. It will teach you a little about the car and will give you more pride in having it. It will be much faster than stock you will love it.
:+1: do it yourself dude. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Like everyone else says install what you can. Just be patient and you'll feel more accomplished knowing that you did the work yourself and its the easiest way to learn about the car.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Would def diy on the all the parts you are mentioning, even the DP. Its not that hard and there are plenty of writeups and a vid or two to help you out. You plus a friend can do all of that stuff in a day (but I would just take a weekend and go slower).

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would diy everything up front, then pay a shop for the dp install, exhaust and tune. Like everyone's said, it's pretty easy so why pay all the labor if you can diy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts