Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mitsubishi Evo X MR
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm in a bit of a panic right now.
So I went into work this morning, and the car was driving fine. Temps looked fine on the Accessport, no slippage, anything. Then after I get off work, I start the car up, and go to put it into S Sport mode, and it doesn't do it. I thought that was strange, but I put it into Sport mode and put it into gear and let off the brakes, and the car didn't move. It's as if it's in neutral. I went to put it into reverse and it didn't move, and the R on the dash and by the shifter are blinking. What's really weird to me is that it's not throwing any codes on the Accessport. I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, and it still isn't working.

·
Registered
2008 Mitsubishi Evo X MR
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess you need new shifter, I had similar problem and new shifter fixed it all.
I should have replied with what it ended up being, but I ended up hooking up to the car with my laptop and did a reflash on the sst and it fixed it. For some reason the S/W Part No. was showing up with a B at the end, instead of a C like it should be. I actually replaced the shifter about 2 months ago, otherwise that'd have been my first thought.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had that with my other car where 0 was replaced with O and I did not catch it at the first glance and because of this it would not recognize and was not driving, but this with a car that was purchased from Copart so I thought someone manually interred to mess with a new buyer but in your case you drove to work and than its stopped its different …but how it got changed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.