Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps!

Well, I'm on a xmas road trip and I stopped over at a family members place. Drove here with no issues, couple hours later I went to start my car and it will not start. The starter is going and the engine is trying to turn over but it is either not getting spark or not getting fuel, not sure which one.

This has somewhat happened in the past where it doesn't seem like it's getting fuel while starting up but I can usually just tap the gas a couple times and it fires up. This time after tapping the gas a couple times it did not start. Now when I try to start the car I can smell fuel a bit..

So basically I'm posting this for any suggestions, and wondering if what I've done can cause the car to flood?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I have had that happen only one time in 3 years...It wasn't flooding but something went wrong and it wouldn't start for over 10 minutes. Never happened again since the first 3 months or so of ownership.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If pressing on the gas helps, then it's too much fuel. Does the problem seem consistent with temperature change? Have you tried reducing the values in your cranking ipw tables?

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was definitely too much fuel, car was flooded...

I pulled my fuel injector relay and cranked it over, started pretty much right away so I threw the relay back in and she's good to go!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, happy holidays and a safe new years :)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
It was definitely too much fuel, car was flooded...

I pulled my fuel injector relay and cranked it over, started pretty much right away so I threw the relay back in and she's good to go!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, happy holidays and a safe new years :)
Your cranking tables might need adjustment if its really cold with those FIC's

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should I just reduce them around 5-10%?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I think I made a HOW to adjust cranking tables thread in the tuning forum. Just search for my name and cranking tables thread should pop up. There are directions how to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts