Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the alignment today due to lowering spring. No time to do alignment just right after install of spring. The car was OK before alignment, no pulling anywhere.

Now after alignment my car pulls to the left. WTF. I'm in a hurry and nobody explain it to me.

The Before specs on the second picture...the caster is already 3.7 to the left and the toe is whack but no pulls. After alignment the toe was fixed and the caster is still the same but now it pulls to the left. I just told them to max the camber but if it is pulling why not tell me. I'm brining it back to them this friday(Firestone)

Any reason why my caster is 3.7, is it adjustable? is it the lowering spring. What do I need to do? RCA?

Thank you.:confused:

Before Progress Spring Install.

After Progress Spring Install.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Might be their machine off calibration.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Caster is not adjustable u can add with PSRS kit from Whiteline or Perrin

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
if the car was tracking straight with toe supposedly out of spec, then either their machine is mistaken or something is up with your car. I'd recommend getting it checked at another place and if it turns out that the original place did a shitty job, ask for a refund.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think they call it "radial pull." It's when the tires have uneven wear on their surfaces due to your car being out of alignment for awhile so when it gets corrected (new alignment), one tire will have a slightly smaller rotational radius vs the other thus causing the pull. The easy fix would be to replace all 4 tires but that would be costly.

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they call it "radial pull." It's when the tires have uneven wear on their surfaces due to your car being out of alignment for awhile so when it gets corrected (new alignment), one tire will have a slightly smaller rotational radius vs the other thus causing the pull. The easy fix would be to replace all 4 tires but that would be costly.
tires are new....

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder if it is the frame, the car is not even a DD, never track, no accident.

Plan is to do another alignment with less camber(as of now 1.8 left 2.1 right) So much difference with the camber from L to R?What if the camber bolt on the right is inverted and the left is not from the factory?

Tires= no signs of tire wear since it is new.

From now on I will put a markings which wheels is on the right etc. To make sure the rotation is done right.

to go straight i need the steering wheel just maybe 3mm to the right. if not the car will go to the left. i dont need to excert effort to keep it straight.
^^^
Actually somebody told me it is not really a pull but just a steer-ahead based on the above ^^^^.

If still the same I will let Coob Plano or PTP to do their magic since they are Evo dedicated shops.

·
Registered
867 Posts
flipping the bolt on the left would cause a pull right and just flipping the one on the right would send the car left. I may be wrong on that but i think it would drop camber almost 1 degree .5 degrees may work. I would have them recheck the alignment tho to see if the steering wheel was not centered well. Also how long have the springs been on the car?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.