Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i recently started having an issue where my car doesn’t start on hot starts.
It starts up perfectly fine on cold starts. As soon as it is up to operating temps I can drive it fine and do pulls fine. Up until the second I turn it off, it won’t turn back on. It will keep cranking.
I can let it cool off for an hour or so where the coolant temps dropped some and it turn over a few till it stutters a little and give it gas till it starts up.

I was doing some research many are saying it can be the Cam position sensor, coolant temp sensor.

I am going to order a cam position sensor, and hope it fixes the issue. In the mean time I don’t want to keep my hopes high.

Spark plug are new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lmao, not yet.

I will try that when I get home, unplugging them and turning it over and reconnecting them.

After that I am sending the injectors out to get serviced and tested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So did she start up and burn it off? Reconnect and start right up? This has always worked for me in the past.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys for the delay still the same issue.

I am going to take the car to my shop as soon as I got the time to take it down.
I will let you know what they say and update you guys from them!

·
Registered
22 Posts
How is your MAF housed? Where is the filter? That's a common issue for cars with heat soaked MAF.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How is your MAF housed? Where is the filter? That's a common issue for cars with heat soaked MAF.

MAF Is up past the positive jumper terminal.
Filter is in the wheel well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts