Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys my clutch has been sliiping for a month now but i dont think thats the problem. I started my car Wednesday morning , it had a tough time turning on almost died so i gave it gas and let it warm up then drove to work . On the way there it felt as if my brakes were braking every 3 seconds or if the clutch wasnt grabbing hardly at all and when i hit a red light and wanted to go it would bogg and wanna die so i would have to rev it n give it gas. While doing this i also noticed my exhaust was popping allot ( unburnt fuel ? ) . When i started it the second time to leave wrk it would not turn on not even pushing it down a hill three times smh. so was wondering if this might be bad plugs, fuel relay , or clutch. my car is a 2010 w intake , uicp , bov , 3 inch catless exhaust , tune , and blue fuel relay. i dont think over one night my clutch got 10 times worse .

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
You said it was bogging and you had to rev it to make it go? If you happen to have MAF cleaner laying around, go clean your MAF. Could be battery, plugs, dont think its the clutch.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You said it was bogging and you had to rev it to make it go? If you happen to have MAF cleaner laying around, go clean your MAF. Could be battery, plugs, dont think its the clutch.
no i dont i need to buy me some i have a Greddy turbo timer so ima check the battery voltage through that

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
no i dont i need to buy me some i have a Greddy turbo timer so ima check the battery voltage through that
Just remove the turbo timer while you are in there. They are not needed on the X. Plenty of coolant running through the turbo, unless you just like leaving your car running for no reason when you are not in it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just remove the turbo timer while you are in there. They are not needed on the X. Plenty of coolant running through the turbo, unless you just like leaving your car running for no reason when you are not in it.
95% of the time its off i only turn it on when driving long distances and pushing the car hard. I also use it to warm up the car in the morning while im getting ready

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i checked the batery that was ok i pulled out the plugs they were ok i checked my fuses and reay they were ok and i made sure uel was going into the engine. still wont start.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Do you have te updated mfi relay? They sell them at fredbeansparts pretty cheap if not. They are related I the car not starting....

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Popping a lot eh? That's not a good sign. Could have jumped timing. How does it sound when you crank it over? Is it the normal sound or does it sound more like a wail?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Popping a lot eh? That's not a good sign. Could have jumped timing. How does it sound when you crank it over? Is it the normal sound or does it sound more like a wail?
It kinda starts u can hear the exhaust for a little it just needs that extra push. i need to get an obd2 scanner asap

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
unfortunately i don't have much faith in that test as i have shaken brand new relays that have sounded like the "salt shaker".

your better off watching for changes in your a/f ratio at the top of your power band while wot to see if yours may be going. You have the blue relay though so, its likely not bad anyway. That certainly is not the cause of your car not starting...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so it wasnt the relays. i have my friends evo 9 accessport but it wont read the code its stays on the scren that says make sure key is on the on position even though it is smh

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Check all grounds, including the one in the trunk from the battery.

When you try to start the car is there any sound whatsoever? Do all your normal lights on the dash come on?

Do you have an obd-II reader? Any codes?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump when you turn your key to "on"?

You can check by listening carefully to see if the pump is priming as you turn it to the on position should be a lil hum.

Also "usually" it's something simple stupid man, check to make sure your coil packs are plugged in nice and tight, make sure nothing under the hood is disconnected that shouldnt e etc... Youve been in there tinkering so make sure you buttoned everything back up the way it should be.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The engine wines up and you can hear the exhaust pulsating but it won't turn on completely . All my electrical works fine nothing dims or turns off. I'm gonna try to upload a video

1 - 20 of 25 Posts