Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I officially talked myself out of an MR and into a GSR after reading through all kinds of posts. now I'm kicking myself in the butt sure wish I had an MR.

·
Registered
343 Posts
What?

What made you kick yourself in rear?

I have a GSR and Love it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Idk man im still 100% loving GSR over MR SST kinda made me feel like a girl. felt like i was missing a pedal!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have a GSR too and wouldn't give it up for an MR. The 6-speed transmission, heated leather seats, navigation system and sunroof on the MR is very convincing, but I couldn't give up the GSR for the niceties that the MR offers. I rather have a real stick-shift car. Perhaps when I reach 60 yrs old, when I'll switch over to automatic.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The way I see it the Evo in MR or GSR is still a damn nice car.

Some prefer being in control of when you want your car to shift and other let the car do all the work.

I prefer to be in control!!

<<< See Avatar..

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm one of the few people who's actually driven, owned, and lived with both. My signature summarizes my own personal opinions~

·
Registered
98 Posts
Personally, I like the fact that I can make more power with less money on the GSR than the MR which is why I made my decision. plus I didn't want a sunroof or leather.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Major title fail. I was lead to believe there was some issue out there that is brand new and no one knows about.
Its your own damn fault if you dont like the car you just spent your own money on. What did you fail to research before purchasing your car?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yah well I have SSS package and I test drove an MR was super impressed. I test drove the GSR in the snow kind of so I assumed it handled like it did because of snow/wet roads. I have since realized I feel like I'm in my old sti. Took a freind for a ride I plowed wide into a sideways slide, crossed over the center line hanging tail out. If it wouldn't have rotated at the exit of the corner I would have prolly ended up over the curb on the other side of the road. I was smart enough to not let off but I never had anything like that happen during an incredibly intense test drive in the MR.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yah well I have SSS package and I test drove an MR was super impressed. I test drove the GSR in the snow kind of so I assumed it handled like it did because of snow/wet roads. I have since realized I feel like I'm in my old sti. Took a freind for a ride I plowed wide into a sideways slide, crossed over the center line hanging tail out. If it wouldn't have rotated at the exit of the corner I would have prolly ended up over the curb on the other side of the road. I was smart enough to not let off but I never had anything like that happen during an incredibly intense test drive in the MR.
Well the MR and GSR have pretty much the same handling characteristics. Its just the transmission the big difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I must be blazing out of the corner in too low a gear.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts