Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching for about two weeks now for several catback exhausts. and these are the choices I have made, and will need you guys' help to figure out which one to get. List is below in no particular order (looking for dual exit with a deep growl and optimum performance). I also heard that catback exhaust does not really add power until a testpipe or wider downpipe is installed? :freak: is this true?

1. Spec-D N1 catback exhaust
2. CNT RS catback exhaust
3. HKS Hi-power exhaust
4. Borla Catback exhaust

Planning on using cobb AP for tune after installing intake, HFC and catback.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
ETS Extreme. Loudest, meanest exhaust imo

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ETS Extreme. Loudest, meanest exhaust imo
Yea, I heard soundclips of ETS extreme. Seem too aggressive for me though, it sounds like a diesel truck when idling. lol. Do you have ETS? does it drone when you drive around the city or in the freeway? :O

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Ya there's drone. There's drone with the ETS quiet too though, and any other Exhaust on this car imo. Haha it does sound like a diesel at start up. I love it. Lots of cracks and pops too

·
Registered
162 Posts
ETS V2 Quiet for the win

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Recently got Ets extreme haven't thrown a test pipe on yet but it's a loud and deep sound so far.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nice. yea the sound clips seems to be really loud. Idk if I'll be able to tolerate that loudness though everyday though. My evo is my DD so I'm quiet skeptical about really loud exhaust.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes I agree with you on that. and yes, I am getting HFC(ETS) along with catback. :+1:
Ah okay, I was just answering your question from your first post lol.

Also another option to go for is English racings boost activated cutout.. Im personally interested in this. Mine is also a DD and I think this will provide the "quietness" I need around the neighbors, while providing more power when the cutout opens up

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ets extreme with cats on still basically sounds nice and deep but Around 3k there's a really deep drone so not sure if u wanna deel with that or not

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.