Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is our new for 2015 CBRD Rb-X turbocharger setup--

Features are as follows:

CBRD 1.25" Tubular Vband Manifold (back purged, tig welded Stainless)

CBRD 3" Downpipe with Vband inlet- two O2 sensor bungs- bolts up to stock location mid pipe (production versions include flex bellow)

CBRD Inlet pipe and Intercooler outlet pipe conversion- to fit oem or aftermarket parts (you specify when ordering)

Can use OEM EVO X water lines- but we can also supply AN lines- at no extra cost-

Modified Mitsu oil return tube

BW EFR 7163 with IWG Vband hotside with high pressure actuator and built in bov (optional block off plate, but you can run bov in both locations if desired)

Optional: Boost solenoid with extension harness on compressor cover!!

hee he

information is going to be posted here shortly with the dyno numbers with Stock catback, stock airbox, stock ic pipes etc- and also with CBRD fmic, ic pipes, catback etc-

Stay Tuned- Pre-orders have already been placed and are being taken now!!

http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/new-turbo-solutions-1/

Here are the results- again this is the old CBRD shop car- which had all variants of our stock housing turbos-

on the dyno, showing stock airbox/inlet- using EFR bov-

its last setup from last fall- was CBRD BBX lite, CBRD tubular manifold, AMS downpipe, catless, 3" Intake, FMIC, STOCK cams-

**boost isnt identical on these charts- so please read carefully

(in dashed in this chart) SOLID is the RB-X kit- running STOCK airbox, STOCK ic pipes..... it hits about .5 more psi peak- but otherwise boost curve is very close- timing was matched- - you can see the difference- little loss of spool- massive pickup everywhere- we will be posting up charts with the 3" intake on it- and upgraded ic pipes-

This is a BBX full BB tuned today- it has a tubular manifold, AMS downpipe, GSC S1 cams, full turboback- fmic- versus the same SOLID graph as above-

There were no Mivec Changes or timing changes made yet- simply rescaling of the maf and AFR because of changing back to the stock airbox-

More to come ;)

we will post some more turbo to turbo overlays- and an overlay of the exact car as it was stock on our dyno-

cheers

cb

·
Registered
158 Posts
In for numbers. I've been waiting for someone to run the 7163. Really want to see spool/top end vs 7670.

Just curious, did you do any other exhaust header designs? I like the short tube length, but it looks like exhaust gas may not enter the turbo at the best angle.

I'm no mechanical engineer, and this is me eye-balling the thing, so please don't be offended.

Otherwise I'm pretty interested.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words-

as for the manifold design- we do LOTS of manifolds- the key elements of this one- was not sacrificing power but keeping it compact and low in the engine compartment- so it could use the OEM inlet/outlet oil line etc--.. which worked well-

its fairly equal length- one runner is being revised for the production kit (along with the mentioned addition of a flex bellow in the downpipe) other than that what you see is how it is designed

for numbers- the car that it was tested on is our previous EVO X shop car- which had multiple garrett stock housing turbos on it- and all of our own test turbos (about 9 in total)- so its a good comparison!

we will be posting numbers shortly!

cb

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry Gents alot going on- we will be posting information shortly!

it will also go on the cbrdspeedfactory.com website- and if you join the newsletter you will get email/phone updates on the products!!

some more work from today

Venturi inlet intercoolers too

And more photos for testing work-

cb

·
Registered
957 Posts
any plan for the twin scroll mani setup?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we are not huge twin scroll advocates-

we have tested and tested and tested- and have never seen what we want for the investment in extra hardware and weight-

cb

·
Registered
158 Posts
I thought that might be the case. I know the EFR series turbos are a little on the big (long?) side, so I figured it was for compactness. I do like that there is plenty of room for a heat shield.

Now we just need numbers :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought that might be the case. I know the EFR series turbos are a little on the big (long?) side, so I figured it was for compactness. I do like that there is plenty of room for a heat shield.

Now we just need numbers :)
the turbo size is fine on the X- evo 8/9 presents a challenge to stay IWG- so for now those kits we developed are EWG-

this setup is super clean with stock airbox, piping, etc- and 400whp to boot- more info coming!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know the EFR turbos have integrated blow-off valves and boost control solenoids. Does this kit remove/block the factory BOV and boost solenoid or do you still use them along with 3-ports?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know the EFR turbos have integrated blow-off valves and boost control solenoids. Does this kit remove/block the factory BOV and boost solenoid or do you still use them along with 3-ports?

We use 3 ports on all of our evo X's (pierburg solenoids in particular)-

we have extension harnesses already made- so that you can run the pieburg on the compressor cover as BW will ship them- or use your current 3 port- and run hoses to the setup-

the bov will be available as integrated, blocked- or you can run both a conventional and the one on the compressor cover- we do offer IC pipes without any bov provisions that could also be packaged with the kits!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts