Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The dyno graph for the stock intake and IC pipe, what does the car have for exhaust (stock test pipe and catback?)
The car used for all testing- has the following:

Resonated test pipe, 3" catback- with single in dual out magnaflow muffler (built here)

that was the same for tests-

The car is back on the dyno with a 3" intake, and upgraded ic pipes for a retune- and tweaks to measure the final power output versus before- more apples to apples-

cb

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Hmmm.

Price? This might be my next upgrade. I like my stock beast right now, but this might push me closer to 525whp which would be nice. What is the flow on this turbo?

I am spooling below 3k on the stocker, wondering if I could get this under 3500...I guess what spool loses are you seeing rpm wise vs stock turbo?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
will post some info-

439whp on 93 with 3" intake and ic pipes just earlier on the same car-

7163 rated at 60lbs min-

kit is introduced at $3895.00 and till jump to $4050.00 end of april- that is manifold, downpipe, plumbing- adapters for stock intake, and ic pipe (stock or 2.5-3") with turbo and actuator upgrade

cb

·
Registered
344 Posts
I assumed it had full exhaust but I was honetly hoping a little bit that it would be stock exhaust. It would be awesome to install this turbo kit on a stock car and be at 400hp.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I assumed it had full exhaust but I was honetly hoping a little bit that it would be stock exhaust. It would be awesome to install this turbo kit on a stock car and be at 400hp.
this car could make 400whp on our dyno on stock exhaust if it had the intake and other parts- it wouldnt lose 30+whp-

I was pretty excited to make 415whp with the stock airbox/snorkel/ic pipes

;)

cb

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hmmm.

Price? This might be my next upgrade. I like my stock beast right now, but this might push me closer to 525whp which would be nice. What is the flow on this turbo?

I am spooling below 3k on the stocker, wondering if I could get this under 3500...I guess what spool loses are you seeing rpm wise vs stock turbo?
just for reference- these are 3rd gear pulls on our MD-

cb

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
just for reference- these are 3rd gear pulls on our MD-

cb
Yea I saw that now. I didn't realize this turbo was a 60 lb/min turbo. With that being said this thing might get close to 600whp on a full out build.

The spool is a bit slower than I would like but I am guessing transient is awesome.

Is that first graph vs a stock turbo?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yea I saw that now. I didn't realize this turbo was a 60 lb/min turbo. With that being said this thing might get close to 600whp on a full out build.

The spool is a bit slower than I would like but I am guessing transient is awesome.

Is that first graph vs a stock turbo?
first graph is versus the SAME exact car- with bbx lite ball bearing/our manifold/ams downpipe-

pretty big gains- stock turbo bolt on cars usually make 290-320 on our dyno- this car stock made 220whp- (it is our old shop car- owned by a client since 2011)-

BW rates and measures their turbos a little different- but this is very impressive- it was a bit stronger on response and torque than our TIAL VBAND 30R kit-

just for reference

I'm very impressed with it- doing street testing with it now- then its back off for more testing- we can offer the kit with the smaller EFR variant which is about 7 lbs min less-

cb

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think your low reading dyno is throwing me off a little. Given that its running against BBX lite/full and has more power across the board, it looks impressive.

As Murlo noted, I was expecting spool to be a little quicker, but you said no MIVEC was done, so maybe thats part of it. Most of the other EFR results I've seen are for the TS T4 kit, which looks like it spools about the same, but had more top end, so I was expecting the smaller 7163 to spool faster.

Do you think you will get any more spool out the kit?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think your low reading dyno is throwing me off a little. Given that its running against BBX lite/full and has more power across the board, it looks impressive.

As Murlo noted, I was expecting spool to be a little quicker, but you said no MIVEC was done, so maybe thats part of it. Most of the other EFR results I've seen are for the TS T4 kit, which looks like it spools about the same, but had more top end, so I was expecting the smaller 7163 to spool faster.

Do you think you will get any more spool out the kit?
again- most plots are in 4th gear that people look at- we dyno in 3rd here- 4th gear will bring any of these turbos in about 500-600 rpm sooner-

the 7163 is basically making the power of the 7670- and is rated slightly smaller- on OUR dyno- compared to various other stock housing turbos- it spools about the same as most twin scroll stock housing- and making killer power and torque---

again- not apples to apples (since stock housing is TS etc) but was engineered to provide a turn key solution with better power output- light weight- and still bolt up to OEM components-

cb

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thats what I was thinking.

Its not apples-to-apples, and with how low this was reading m guess was actual horsepower was closer to what other 7670s were doing.

If the 500 RPM spool change is correct for the 3rd/4th gear change, then the spool on this is right where I would expect, and falls in line with what you said regarding not seeing the advantage to the TS setups.

Now I just need to sell some blood so I can buy this kit :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
one thing to keep in mind this car was always one of the lower powered evo x's we've had on our dyno- so the power is pretty impressive

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
How would this compare to say an MHI?
I still have not yet had an MHI on our dyno- but i would suspect this would have great power output- not sure on spool- again since i havent tested-

we have tuned EF2/3, fp red, black, bbx lite, bbx full, etc-

This exact car the testing was done on- was our original shop car- it had the following:

stock turbo,CBRD big experimental 30R stock housing, 35R stock housing, Garrett 3076R big housing, Garrett 3076 small housing, original bbx full, original bbx lite bbx lite ball bearing, now this RB-X kit-

I would love to see what an MHI can do!!

cb

·
Registered
336 Posts
I still have not yet had an MHI on our dyno- but i would suspect this would have great power output- not sure on spool- again since i havent tested-

we have tuned EF2/3, fp red, black, bbx lite, bbx full, etc-

This exact car the testing was done on- was our original shop car- it had the following:

stock turbo,CBRD big experimental 30R stock housing, 35R stock housing, Garrett 3076R big housing, Garrett 3076 small housing, original bbx full, original bbx lite bbx lite ball bearing, now this RB-X kit-

I would love to see what an MHI can do!!

cb
always impressed with cbrd continued development and products/service:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
always impressed with cbrd continued development and products/service:thumbup:
Cheers-

we always try to keep things going - many people said "they are doing GTR's and porsches now i hope they dont abandon the EVO platform"

if you look at these pics- I think its obvious how much evo work we still do LOL! there are 32 cars here- about 20 are evo's-

these are all EVO intercooler tanks lol

21 - 40 of 40 Posts