Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i recently installed an a.e.m. tru boost controller. I have it set for 23 p.s.i. at a duty cycle of about 60 the car has no trouble getting to 23 but after it gets there about 2 times it pops a c.e.l. and it starts idling at about 1800 r.p.m. and is running rich im pretty sure cause every time i down shift i get some wicked back fire. But the wierdest part is after i run it for a day not even hard ill let it sit over night and the c.e.l. goes away in the morning. But after it hits 23 p.s.i. again it comes back on and the process is repeated. Any ideas or if anyone has had this happen to them and knowd whats screwed up please id love to hear your input. I just open this account so ill give you a list of what i have. K&n drop in air filter, e.t.s. uicp and licp a.m.s. fmic greddy 70mm down pipe a.t.p. test pipe a.m.s. cat back single tip, clutch master fx400 clutch and of course the boost controller thanks for everything

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
get a tune

from someone that knows how to tune

:)

You are exceeding the factory torque/airflow limits that the car was designed for, so the car is telling you about it

·
Registered
925 Posts
I had the same issue and after I got a tune it all went away. Or just put it back to your stock boost solenoid. But the amount of mods you have you should be getting a tune soon.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What's the cel? You need to find out what the cel is. Like Tephra the ECU god said, its probably a cel dealing with airflow tables, which is really a electronic torque limiter. Do you go into a limp mode?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im trying to get a tune the car payments pretty much screw me on doing anything else to the car. I was looking at the cobb access port but id like to have a reflash. As for what the c.e.l. is i have no idea every time it pops on me im either to swapped at work to grab my buddies diagnostic reader or im heading back home or it goes away and wont even reegister that the code was there in the first place but im definitly trying to get a tune asap but again the money issue but thanks for giving me your input

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooo and it also doesnt go into limp mode it runs like a fucking champ still but the idle is high

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
should have gotten a tune instead of the boost controller :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Coulda woulda shoulda but didnt failure on my part but i had a bit of money laying around and thought it would last forever then i got married and now im struggling to keep the damn car let alone put money into it if u know a good place in so cal that does a good job for a decent price let me know i might... just might be able to convince the wife that its needed to get the car running better

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
GST or HBSpeed - depending who is closer (since you can't afford the gas it seems :D)

You could probably even get Clipse3GT or someone on here to give you a rough/of the shelf tune for minimal $$$'s

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well imm in oceanside but ill look them up and u got it correct gas aint cheap in cali thanks alot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts