Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I finally got around to installing a set of VLAND tail lights, and I absolutely love them. However, I'm having some problems that I need to find a solution for. First, the ASC system service required light would come on. No problem, apparently it's related to the brake system, and the fix is most likely adding a resistor to the brake lights. But just a few minutes ago I went to take a quick trip down the block and I'm having performance issues. The car feels sluggish from a dead stop, like it's stuck in a higher gear or it's not producing power properly. Even the intake sounds quieter. I'd have my foot to the floor and it still takes a while just to get to 40 MPH. I got the CEL light came on in the cluster and the codes I got pulled were P0703 and C1000. Both are related to the brake/ABS system, so I'm not sure how this would be affecting the performance. Would the resistors on the brake light wires clear up this issue? Or is there something else going on that could be potentially frying the ECU?

Either way, I'm swapping back to the OEM tail lights tomorrow and going to drive around as a test

Car is 2015 Lancer SE, btw

1 - 1 of 1 Posts