Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I did a quick search on the forums and found nothing talking about my issue I have so I'm just wondering if someone could help me and tell me if this is a big problem or not.

Basically I got my car on saturday and I was driving around yesterday night and my CEL light came on and has been on since. I just bought it and I can't seem to figure why it came on already, I checked the manual and it wasn't very helpful so i'm gonna take it in tommorrow hopefully and see what the code pulls up. I'm just wondering if this has happened to any of your guys that bought the car and if it's something I should be worried about?

·
Registered
30 Posts
It might do it again with the new reflash.

The dealer told me that Mitsubishi was coming out with another reflash late this week for cars in higher altitude. anyone else hear about this?

They reflashed my car, and the CEL came on again, and thats what they told me.

sQuid^

·
Registered
605 Posts
Did u just get gas?
If so, it is your gas cap... make sure it clicks 3 times when closing.

·
Registered
375 Posts
From TSB 08-00-002
CAN-BUS, Audio and Satellite codes may set if the vehicle is driven more than 50 miles (80 Km) with the IOD fuse disconnected. The IOD should be installed at PDI.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took it to the dealer yesterday they pulled a 1320 which was insuffiecent ideling under 1400 rpm. My dealer said it needed the reflash that the first shipment of evo's that had arrived in NA needed. This means that the second shipments (mine was made at the end of march) still does not have the reflash before it was shipped. Other than that it was all fine. Thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.